Accounting & Finance
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Catalant has reinvented the $250 billion management consulting industry by connecting business leaders with world-class independent consultants, on demand, through our technology platform. Fortune 1000 enterprises, PE firms and their portfolio companies, and consulting firms partner with Catalant to find experienced independent consultants to solve complex business problems.
With backing from some of the world's top venture capital firms, we continue to bolster our industry-leading platform by growing the team that will take Catalant to the next level.
Catalant Technologies is searching for a Staff Accountant to join our team. Reporting to the Controller, you will help to ensure that high-quality financial information is created and used to drive business decisions and streamline operations. Working closely with other members of the finance team, you will participate in the monthly closing process and have responsibility for several account reconciliations. The ideal candidate for this role aspires to grow with the company and is willing to provide support in all areas of the business.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
What You'll Do:
- Record and reconcile daily cash transactions
- Accounts payable management – obtain invoice approvals, vendor management, set up and coding in Bill.com, reconciliation of open bills, annual vendor 1099s
- Review all expense reports and reconcile credit card activity
- Prepare month-end and quarterly journal entries related to revenue, fixed assets, leases, prepaids and accruals with adequate support / documentation
- Prepare account reconciliations and play key role in month-end close of the general ledger within Netsuite
- Assist the Controller with weekly cash forecasting items
- Assist in the annual audit process with external auditors, including preparing audit schedules
- Assist in the creation of accounting policies, improved processes and financial controls
- Assist with budget to actual tracking and communication with other functions
- Ad-hoc finance and accounting related requests
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience
- High proficiency is Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Netsuite, Bill.com and UKG preferred
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- CPA or demonstrated path towards CPA certification a plus
Who You Are:
- An enthusiastic individual excited to help enhance the accounting function at a faced-paced start up
- Has a strong attention to detail, quality, accuracy, and data integrity
- Solution-oriented and takes initiative
- An adaptable team player who can juggle multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrates integrity and authenticity
At Catalant, we strive to offer a work environment where employees can bring however much of their full, authentic self as they desire. With this in mind, we are happy to offer our employees:
- Flexible paid time off
- 13 company holidays + an All Company wellness day off each quarter
- Twelve weeks of paid parental leave regardless of how you choose to grow your family
- Generous health insurance coverage as well as optional vision and dental
- 401k to save for retirement
- Pre-tax commuter and flexible spending accounts
- A lifestyle spending account to be used towards cell phone, internet, commuting, and learning & development
- Wellness stipend for your mental, emotional, or physical wellbeing needs and support
- Work from Home stipend
- Catalant sponsored membership to Calm
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Catalant is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Catalant makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business objectives and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, qualified physical or mental disability, genetic condition or predisposition, or any other status protected by law. All Catalant employees are prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
We have a flexible hybrid work model, where employees local to our Boston headquarters come into our office on a flexible basis, and other employees are fully remote. We are hiring and conducting interviews and onboarding either virtually or in person if local to Boston, depending on what makes most sense based on the specific candidate and new hire. Talk to our People Team to learn more!