Head of Regional Sales
Perishable Shipping Solutions
Having drastically increased our European footprint in a short period, we are looking to appoint a Head of Sales for the UK.
This is a particularly strategic position in the Business Development organisation, combined with essential leading skills to support and inspire your teams.
- Be the direct reporting line for the Regional Sales Managers, Business Development Managers and the Onboarding / Improvement Manager.
- Manage high level / strategic sales opportunities where a more senior position is required to be involved.
- Assist your team to maximise revenue across all accounts including new opportunities, thus increasing market position and achieving financial growth, focusing on the budget alongside the EBITDA.
- Focus on increasing the minimum level revenue commitments across all customers within the UK.
- Lead by example and monitor team members to ensure high standards in performance, personal development, and adherence to best practice.
- Constantly review our methods and key practices to highlight and develop improved ways of operating; helping drive a leaner and smarter team.
- Help to drive professionalism through the team.
- Be the 2iC and the immediate reporting line while the Director of Business Development (UK) is away from the business due to holiday or business travel; this may include contact from both the UK and EU senior teams.
You would be joining Lineage during an exciting period of growth and innovation, with the opportunity to make an immediate, meaningful impact.
Who we’re looking for
To be successful in this position, you will need a high-level understanding of our industry, systems and procedures and be able to communicate these effectively at all levels through our client’s business.
A flexible approach to work is vital and you will be required to travel nationally and possibly internationally with nights away, sometimes at very short notice if the customer demands.
We need you to:
- Have fantastic leadership and people management skills to manage staff development and performance monitoring;
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of warehouse operations, primary and secondary distribution, end to end supply chains, alongside looking for synergies / cost reductions that increase profitability while reducing the customer spend.
- Have presentation and negotiation skills as well as being fully conversant with PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook.
What's in it for you?
Aside from a competitive starting salary, you're set to gain so much from being part of high quality and collaborative team.
You will be part of a large multi country team with its supportive leader; and experienced colleagues to learn from – this is a great development opportunity to learn new skills. Our leadership culture focuses us on developing talent internally; this is a great opportunity to grow your career at a leading global company.
We are also expanding quickly across Europe, and you will feel the impact of your work, as the ‘tip of the spear’ playing a critical role in realising our purpose of transforming the supply-chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate their right to live and work in the UK
Tempted? Apply now!
Lineage Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Posting End Date:
We are a global company with more than 22,000 employees spanning 20 countries and more than 400 locations across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and South America.
At Lineage Logistics, we have a shared purpose; we are transforming the food supply chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world. This means working at Lineage is not just a job – it’s an opportunity to innovate and put your mark on how food moves from the farm to dinner tables around the world. As a member of our team, you will be a critical link in the food supply chain.
Our shared purpose drives everything we do in all parts of our organisation, from the warehouse floor to the office. Our team members are passionate about the impact they make every single day.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from persons regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
As a Lineage team member, we aim to provide everything you and your family need to thrive. That’s why we offer competitive rates of pay, paid time off, skills training, and development opportunities to grow a long and fulfilling career with us – plus generous financial rewards when you successfully refer new employees. This is enhanced by recognition schemes (so that your hard work won’t go unnoticed), plus the chance to make your salary go even further with our cycle-to-work scheme and preferential rates for loans and savings courtesy of a leading credit union.
Your everyday wellbeing is also important to us, so we will provide you with all the protective equipment you need to be safe and comfortable at work, and you will have access to a free 24/7 employee assistance phone line, which offers confidential counselling and advice. With all of this offered against the backdrop of a fun and social environment in which you will be supported by a team who enjoy helping each other in achieving their goals, we are confident you will excel with us.