Fleet Maintenance Coordinator
Perishable Shipping Solutions
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Monday to Friday from 930am - 6pm
Reports To: Manager - Fleet Maintenance
Office/Facility: Great Plains Facility
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and promotes a culture where Safety is the #1 priority.
- Request for quotations and approve repairs for all services required to maintain equipment.
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Ensure asset and component warranties are being leveraged to mitigate spend
- Escalate estimate approvals once Coordinator threshold has been reached
- Data entry processing & work order management of all R&M related invoices through FMS
- Coordinate all maintenance vendors performing R & M on Lineage assets
- Communicate with appropriate maintenance vendor(s) for timely repair of equipment
- Lead the scheduling of all repairs & maintenance with Terminals and vendors to stride towards 100% compliance with annual safeties and PM’s.
- Monitor tracking systems, EDVIR reports, and requests for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Provides regular recommendations on future steps to improve predictive maintenance on the fleet
- Comply with all NSC safety regulations regarding asset maintenance and repair.
- Update and maintain information in company records systems and department databases.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in fleet maintenance and repair.
- Experience as a Licensed trailer technician or reefer tech preferred.
- Alternatively, experience as a mechanic, service writer or parts person is an asset.
- Experience with chassis and gensets is an asset.
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual English/French and or Spanish candidates
- Approachable, positive demeanor with a hands-on and team-oriented work style
- Strong interpersonal skills including attentive, careful listening, conflict resolution and responding positively to communication from others.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced transportation environment to ensure accuracy, compliance, and a culture of excellence.
- Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude with a hands-on and team-oriented work style.
- Able to use outside the box thinking to be sure over the road requests are made with urgency.
- Analytical; logical thinker with ability to think two steps ahead and successfully analyze different pieces of information and put them together like a puzzle.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize workflow to ensure deadlines are met. Able to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Records management, report, and document preparation.
- Confident decision maker.
- Knowledge of current Transportation Industry’s requirements and National Safety Code requirements.
- Excellent customer service abilities/skills.
- Commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
- Embraces change and has a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Microsoft Office skills an asset.
- Working knowledge of Truckmate, PeopleNet and or other FMS is an asset.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, RRSP matching and paid time off.