Benefits Specialist (Hybrid)
Join the Solar For All Revolution!
At PosiGen, we are passionate about providing money saving solar and energy efficiency solutions for people of all income levels. We are seeking an equally passionate Benefits Specialist to help administer all company activities related to benefits processing and coordination of a comprehensive wellness program for all PosiGen employees located across the United States. The ideal candidate will be the company’s expert for all benefits administration and will actively contribute to and promote the company wellness program while also providing regular backup support to the Payroll team.
Essential Job Functions
- Administer all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, 401(k) plan as well as any new benefits plan that PosiGen provides to employees.
- Work with Broker, various vendors/providers, and Payroll and Benefits Manager to develop and implement a comprehensive employee wellness program, which includes a focus on physical, financial, and mental health.
- Analyzes benefit usage and claim trends and make proactive recommendations to ensure our plans are cost effective and include competitive benefit offerings
- Verify eligibility for voluntary/involuntary deductions based on Personnel Actions and makes needed changes in the system, when necessary
- Prepare and present on a weekly basis the benefits portion of the new employee onboarding to ensure employees’ understanding of PosiGen’s benefit plans and enrollment provisions
- Actively assists all new hires, ensuring they are enrolled in benefits in a timely manner
- Fulfill all governmental regulatory mandates and ensure filings are performed as required
- Work with our benefit providers to plan and administer the annual open enrollment season. This includes preparation and distribution of materials, conducting meetings to communicate changes to employees, arranging for onsite presentations by providers, and processing changes within required deadlines.
- Plan, conduct, and report results of audits to ensure all enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee
- Assist the Payroll and Benefits Manager in obtaining statistical information in the renewal process of any health, life, and retirement plans that benefit the company
- Supports and participates in employee wellness committees
- Provides backup support to Payroll team as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in HR or related field, experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education
- 3+ years experience in benefits administration
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field of study preferred
- SHRM, HRCI, or Benefits certification credential(s) preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with benefits administration, compliance and basic human resources
- Strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including benefits, time & attendance and HRIS systems; ADP experience preferred
PosiGen is a people-centric, rapidly growing residential solar company committed to making Solar For ALL a reality. We aim to simplify solar, improve home efficiency, and generate opportunities for the underserved through our first of its kind, no credit check, guaranteed savings solar leasing program.
As employees at PosiGen, we are passionate about furthering our mission of Solar For ALL. At PosiGen, we celebrate the individual and foster an environment where employees can be their true self. We strive to live every day by our values:
- Act with Integrity
- Be Humble, Be Kind
- Collaborate and Seek to Understand
- Deliver on our Promises
- Engage Passionately
PosiGen is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Individuals who require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to participate in the search process should notify the Office of Human Resources.