Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
ShipMonk is the world's largest 3PL for high-growth e-commerce and DTC brands. Since our inception in 2014, we've operated with a singular guiding principle: to help small and medium-sized e-commerce businesses scale by offering technology-driven fulfillment solutions that enable business founders to devote more time to the things that matter most in their businesses. Put simply, ShipMonk helps e-commerce companies stress less and grow more. Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL, ShipMonk has more than 2,500 employees across facilities in Fort Lauderdale, FL, Pittston, PA, Los Angeles, CA, Bay Shore, NY, Las Vegas, NV, Dayton, NJ, Louisville, KY, Fort Worth, TX, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, Tecate, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and Prague, Czech Republic.
Our Operations Managers drive immense business and personal growth within ShipMonk’s rapidly expanding fulfillment network. Operations Managers will lead either a functional operation (Inbound, Outbound, Inventory, etc.) or an entire operational shift within a ShipMonk fulfillment center. You will be responsible for leading, developing, and engaging a team of ShipMonk leaders; with one of your main focuses being to inspire, mentor, and coach your team to constantly improve and grow as individuals and professionals.
To achieve this, Operations Managers must be creative problem solvers who are able to think outside the box, interpret and act upon data, deliver effective feedback at all levels, and achieve quantifiable business results that drive productivity and efficiency gains.
What you'll do:
- Create and maintain a safe work environment for all Associates and Leaders
- Operations Managers will lead and develop a team of 3-7 front-line Supervisors and 50-200+ hourly associates
- Act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency, and taking corrective action when needed
- Mentor, train, and develop teammates for career progression, performance improvement, and recognition purposes
- Operations Managers create, communicate and maintain quality control policies and continuous improvement initiatives across the team(s), shifts, and fulfillment centers
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives geared towards Safety, Quality, and Productivity
- Build and deliver productivity plans by reviewing forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Operations Managers to balance labor on a daily and weekly basis
- Constantly review and action performance data with your Supervisors, ensuring adherence to, or exceeding operational goals (weekly, daily, hourly)
- Partner with other managers to share best practices across shifts and the network
What you'll need:
- 2-3 years previous Supervisory experience required, preferable within e-commerce, warehousing/distribution industries
- 1-2 years management experience preferred (refers to salaried and degreed direct-reports, or equivalent)
- Operational experience and knowledge across two or more functional areas of e-commerce, warehousing/distribution, or 3PL operation (i.e. Outbound, Inbound, Inventory, Value-add Services (VAS))
- Ability to manage, motivate, direct, lead, train and develop other leaders and team members
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to exceed target goals and objectives including examples of SLA accomplishments
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with moderate to advanced capabilities in applications such as MS Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, ERP/WMS/TMS, etc.
We are exceptionally proud of our dedicated, brilliant ShipMonkers -- the employees who collaborate to provide first-class service, solve problems, and collaborate to get the job done. We work hard and have fun at work while prioritizing growth, innovation, and diversity as key values. When we add new positions at ShipMonk, we define the role 80% and look for talented individuals who can join the team, run fast, and co-create the other 20% of their job. We need our team to get engaged from Day 1 to do the work and define the work that will make us successful in the near and long term.
Perks Of Being a ShipMonker
• Full health benefits coverage (medical, dental, vision)
• Unlimited Paid Vacation Time
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Dog-friendly workplace
• Wellness program (onsite gym, healthy snacks)
• Fun work environment (trampoline, ping pong table & games)
• Referral Bonus Program ShipMonk is an equal opportunity employer.
We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
See more open positions at ShipMonk
Something looks off?