Senior Director of Software Engineering
Solera Health is committed to changing lives by guiding people seamlessly to better health solutions, while providing payers and employers the tools to manage providers and outcomes across conditions. Solera's platform provides a marketplace of curated networks of digital and community point solutions focused on intensive, evidence-based lifestyle, behavioral, and social interventions to impact the most prevalent and costly chronic conditions. Solera strategically matches consumers to their best-fit solution and helps keep them engaged for successful health outcomes.
We're seeking a Senior Director of Software Engineering who will work collaboratively within an agile software development team to help solve business problems through Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications. This role will report to the Vice President of Engineering and will be challenged to work with peers, product owners, and stakeholders to ensure value is being delivered to customers via an iterative development process. This role requires a genuine passion for users, technology, problem solving, and creativity.
Who you are
You are intellectually curious and always up for a good challenge. You are flexible and adaptable to change. You work well independently, and with a team, and are comfortable working in a remote environment. You are a self-starter who is excited to provide new ideas and opinions for sustainable solutions. You can consume and transform requirements into efficient and effective solutions that meet the highest quality and performance standards and drive your team to on-time delivery. You believe the unit and integration tests are an integral part of the development process. You believe that an exceptional customer experience is a hard requirement. You believe that analytics are crucial for the support and growth of a product and platform. You are a leader with the ability to roll up your sleeves and contribute technically. You are a problem solver.
What you’ll do
- Lead agile engineering teams through delivery of high-quality customer facing solutions that utilize cloud services from Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Interact with stakeholders to understand existing business problems and work with the team to determine and provide the best technical solution.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for your team; acting as a project manager to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement, and test technology initiatives.
- Lead engineering teams by recognizing, coaching, and mentoring them in best practices for architecture, design, and implementation.
- Conduct regular 1-on-1’s with team members; support team members in hitting individual and team goals.
- Work closely with leaders across the organization to enable successful delivery of multi-team programs and projects.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for your teams while executing best practice Agile methods for building software products including scoping, estimation, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Define and drive processes for hiring, onboarding, and developing new team members.
- Services built with Typescript, Node, Python, Docker, Azure, and GCP.
- Frontend is built on React, Redux, Typescript, Jest, Enzyme, and Cypress.io.
- APIs are built on Node with Express and Typescript.
- Backend technologies include FHIR stores, Google BigQuery, MongoDB, SQL, Contentful CMS, Azure services.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering management experience.
- 7+ years of experience in a software engineering role building full stack web applications.
- 3+ years of experience developing software utilizing an Agile methodology.
- Deep/hands-on experience in developing full-stack solutions built in React, Typescript, SQL/NoSQL continually deployed in cloud environments (preferably Azure).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Self-starting, get stuff done attitude.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and facilitation skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, facilitation, and multi-tasking.
- Player-coach mentality that delivers strong technical contributions while mentoring others.
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability with a “You build it, you own it” mindset.
- Remote first culture
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid pregnancy and parental leave
- Adoption assistance program
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 13 company holidays
- 401k + company match
- Free FitBit, Sworkit and Headspace (meditation & mindfulness app) account
- Casual and fun atmosphere
Disclaimer The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO Solera Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Solera Health complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training