Business Intelligence Associate, Consumer Revenue
Operations, Data Science
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Please note: Springboard is only able to consider candidates located in the following US states: Arizona, California, Florida, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, or Texas.
As a Business Intelligence Associate in the Consumer Revenue org, you will report to our Associate GM and inform data-driven decisions across the revenue team that ultimately help us in our larger mission of supporting students from around the world in making better educational choices. Being a member of this team requires a highly analytical background combined with the ability to translate analytics into actionable insights and next steps, and communicating these clearly with revenue leadership and top business stakeholders. This role is perfect for someone who is interested in learning about revenue strategy and operations within a growing, fast-paced startup. You’ll have the unique opportunity to work directly with multiple key decision-makers and influence the direction of the company with your insights and recommendations.
This person’s mandate will include:
(~30%) Revenue KPI insights
(~60%) Analytical deep dives
(~10%) Analytics infrastructure
$105,000 - $119,000 USD per year
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons.
Revenue KPI insights
- Regularly report on high-level KPIs across the revenue org for our B2C, B2G, and University Partnerships businesses (e.g. sales, paid acquisition, organic content contribution, etc) and communicate what key drivers are responsible for our performance
- Be the first point of contact to the president of our Consumer business, GMs, and sales + marketing leadership on questions related to how we’re tracking towards goals
- Produce collateral for exec / board meetings + other internal team meetings
Analytical deep dives
- Create models / test hypotheses on our performance drivers (e.g. what drove better or worse performance in one of our verticals, what risks payment plan shifts impose on our bookings, etc)
- Put together a full funnel POV + story that explains revenue performance (e.g. how much of our conversion changes can be attributed to sales performance vs marketing lead quality)
- Provide recommendations based on the insights you pull together (e.g. caps to our discount usage to keep revenue within a certain threshold)
- Build out views (either in our BI tool or Excel) that provide visibility that we don’t yet have into frequently asked questions
- Work with operations, data, and tech teams to ensure data accessibility
- 1-2 years of experience in a quant-heavy, insight-driven role (e.g., consulting, finance, data science/analytics) or a quant-heavy advanced degree (e.g., math, finance, CS, etc)
- Are proficient in Microsoft Excel (SQL a plus)
- Have excellent communication skills and ability to present insights to company leaders in order to drive business decisions
- Are excited to deal with unstructured or imperfect data, and have the ability to extract insights from what you have
- Have fine attention to detail, and double-check the results of your work because even little discrepancies (e.g., in spend, funnel performance, etc) can have big impacts on business decisions
- Take ownership and are independent (you can take high-level guidance and define an action plan/work plan, prioritize between different ways to tackle work, and think 80/20 about what is most important)
- Are results driven (excited about our mission and the impact of your work) and bring a positive, learning attitude
The Springboard team of 220 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Springboard
Something looks off?