Remote English Language Teacher with Voxy Chile
Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2023
Voxy is changing the way the world learns English and we need talented, committed, and enthusiastic teachers to help this be achieved!
We are currently seeking high-quality English language teachers to teach 1-1 and group classes online. We have openings with adult corporate students to teach business English and are looking for dedicated professionals who will commit to the full academic year, March-December 2023.
Our peak demand hours will vary between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, with out-of-hours and weekend classes also available. Lesson materials are provided but teachers are encouraged to be creative and flexible when planning sessions to meet the needs of each individual student.
This position is open to all Chile-based teachers with valid visas, local bank accounts, and the ability to issue boletas.
- You are available to teach at least 5 hours/per week
- You have at least 1 year of English language teaching experience, teaching 1-1s and groups.
- You have online English language teaching experience
- You have taught using task-based methodology online
- You are a certified English language teacher (TEFL, CELTA, or equivalent minimum 120 hours)
- You are very tech-savvy, have a computer with a good camera that is enabled for hardwired
- ethernet access; a headset with a microphone; and a strong, reliable internet connection (4.5
- Mbps upload minimum)
- You are a proactive problem-solver and can easily troubleshoot technical problems
- You’re passionate about language learning and helping others achieve their language goals
- You are a great communicator and are able to effectively communicate with both students and the
- academic team.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills and are able to keep track of
- classes, ensuring lessons and reviews are completed in a timely manner.
To apply please send an email to email@example.com providing the following:
- A copy of your resume
- A cover letter that addresses each of the following questions
- Why do you love teaching ESL?
- How do you feel that you would be a good fit for Voxy Chile?
- If a non-native speaker, what is your English language proficiency? Please attach a copy of your certificate.
- Have you ever taught classes online?
- How many years of experience do you have teaching English?
- What is your internet provider? Please copy and paste your internet speed below (link speedtest.net)
- What are your computer specs? Please list the date, mark, and model of your computer.
- How did you hear about this current vacancy?
Want to know more about us?
Voxy, founded in 2010, is a trailblazing language training platform tailored to meet the specific language needs of international organizations. With a mission to enhance productivity, foster collaboration, and unleash human potential, Voxy has established itself as a global leader in the field of corporate language education. With a robust foundation and an ever-evolving vision, Voxy has supported corporate clients across 150 countries by delivering live language coaching led by certified instructors and an expansive library of role-specific courses that bridge critical soft and technical skill gaps.
Today, Voxy's impact spans the globe, with dedicated teams operating across multiple regions, including the United States, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Thailand, Malaysia, Spain, Italy, and Ireland. Originally focused on providing English language instruction, Voxy has evolved to offer an array of languages, including Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, German, and French, catering to a diverse range of learners.
We believe that learning a language should be fun, rewarding, and a gateway to the best experiences life has to offer. If you agree, we’d love to talk.
You can see more details about our values here (https://voxy.com/about/careers/)