Senior QA Engineer
At Carrum, we live and breathe the mission of transforming the healthcare system to create an unmatched experience for patients. If you are passionate about changing healthcare and want to finally get rid of surprise bills, poor quality, and high prices, while thriving in an entrepreneurial, cutting-edge environment, we would love to connect with you.
In 2014 Carrum reinvented the Center of Excellence (CoE) category in digital health. We are the only company in this space with a digital platform and mobile app powering this novel marketplace. Today, most of the US population lives within a 3 hours driving distance of a Carrum CoE and our providers rank in the top 10% nationally. Our team’s execution has been recognized by the venture community and we’ve raised more than $50M in aggregate from investors like Tiger Global Management and Wildcat Ventures. Our impact has been externally proven in a 2021 RAND Corporation study and featured as a Harvard Business School (HBS) case study.
Our team’s execution has been recognized by the venture community, and we’ve raised more than $90M in aggregate from investors like OMERS, Tiger Global Management and Wildcat Ventures. Our impact has been externally proven in a 2021 RAND Corporation study and featured as a Harvard Business School (HBS) case study.
You will be responsible for ensuring the quality, performance and reliability of our software products through thorough testing and analysis. You will work closely with the product and development team to identify and address any bugs or issues, and provide recommendations for improvement. Your expertise in test planning, test case creation, and test execution will be critical in ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality software. More importantly, as the first QA engineer on the team, you will be creating the foundation for our testing framework that is core to our product development mission.
The salary range for this role is $120k - $140k plus bonus.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop and execute amazing test plans with great test cases and scripts to ensure thorough coverage of software functionality.
- Collaborate with the product development team to identify and prioritize areas for testing to make sure we constantly improve and don’t go the dreaded backwards route.
- Perform functional, integration, regression, and performance testing with a plus emphasis on the latter to ensure our apps don’t suck.
- Identify and report bugs (shocking), and work with the engineers to resolve them or even better provide the PR for them
- Come up with creative solutions for testing the democratization of key parts of the platform to ensure there are no fundamental flaws
- Design and maintain test data, environments, and systems should be a no brainer
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging testing methodologies
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to the engineers regarding their code and approach to testing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the smooth release and deployment of our app
- Continuously improve testing processes and tools to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
We’re excited about you because…
- You have previously tested large scale platforms and applications to support large engineering teams without getting in their way and bogging them down.
- Your previous applications have a good defect record and don’t require the CEO to call us to tell us about some bug they just found.
- A natural understanding of what QA Engineering and Testing is and how you can apply your knowledge in a meaningful way
- You appreciate and even really like the fast and sometimes chaotic pace of a Series B stage startup.
- You have interpersonal skills and don’t have a hard time being empathetic, courteous, and friendly.
- Possess good communication skills compared to other engineers in the field
- You have experience in the healthcare space, or another highly-regulated industry (this will get us more than excited, TBH)
- You can adjust to a steady stream of crazy and changing requirements because a lot of the time we don’t really know what we are doing so we have to iterate
- Note that we left out all of the other nonsense and standard gibberish you see in every JD, so please tell us you read this far. You will get points for it. Seriously.
Why you’ll love working with us...
- We’re a hard-working, humble, and compassionate group motivated to solve the hard problems in healthcare today. You’ll work with talented, experienced co-workers from companies like Booz & Company, Livongo, 98point6, Google, and Optum. We believe in using data to inform decisions, technology to make our jobs easier, and creative thinking to pave the future.
- We are working with some of the most recognized and esteemed names in the country. Top hospitals like Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, Stanford Health Care, Scripps Health, and Rush Health have joined our platform. Employers who use our benefit include Walgreens, US Foods, United Airlines, and large public sector organizations like the self-insured schools of California, and the State of Maine.
- We empower team members to be autonomous and provide a collaborative environment where you get support and healthy feedback. You can bring your authentic self to work every day and are encouraged to help others do the same.
- We carve out time to let go of work to celebrate our successes and have fun. We’re all working remotely right now, but prior to the pandemic a few of the monthly activities we enjoyed included group dinners, bowling, and hiking. Now we bring the fun online with holiday costume contests, arts and crafts activities, musical events, weekly meditations, and gratitude sessions.
- You’ll feel proud that the work you do each day directly impacts people’s lives in big and meaningful ways.
- Stock option plan
- Flexible schedules and remote work
- Chicago and San Francisco offices available
- Self-managed vacation days, within reason
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K retirement plan
We’re a health tech company that brings value-based care to the masses. We help employers deliver a memorable patient experience, immediately lower healthcare costs, and drive better outcomes and achieve this through the power of technology and human-centered design. Since launching in 2014, we’ve partnered with Fortune 500 employers and top hospitals across the nation. We’ve been recognized by Harvard Business School and featured in TechCrunch, The Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and Modern Healthcare. We believe we’re only scratching the surface of our opportunity and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us realize our full impact.
Carrum Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.