Director, Patient Care
At Carrum, we live and breathe the mission of transforming the healthcare system to create an unmatched experience for patients. If you are passionate about changing healthcare and want to finally get rid of surprise bills, poor quality, and high prices, while thriving in an entrepreneurial, cutting-edge environment, we would love to connect with you.
In 2014 Carrum reinvented the Center of Excellence (CoE) category in digital health. We are the only company in this space with a digital platform and mobile app powering this novel marketplace. Today, most of the US population lives within a 3 hours driving distance of a Carrum CoE and our providers rank in the top 10% nationally. Our team’s execution has been recognized by the venture community and we’ve raised more than $85M in aggregate from investors like OMERS, Tiger Global Management and Wildcat Ventures. Our impact has been externally proven in a 2021 RAND Corporation study and featured as a Harvard Business School (HBS) case study.
The Director of Patient Care is responsible for leading the heart beat of Carrum Health – the Patient Care Team. In this role, you will lead, mentor, and develop strategy for the team that is responsible for direct support of Carrum Health’s patient population. Reporting to Carrum’s Vice President of Operations, this role is responsible for driving an exceptional patient experience while also fostering a culture of operational excellence. The team has grown considerably over the past several years, and this next leader will be responsible for continuing to manage that growth through scale.
The salary range for this role is $140k - $160k plus bonus.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be a champion for our patients at all times, continuously working to improve their experience and outcomes.
- Develop and refine a scalable infrastructure for the delivery of patient care, including but not limited to the development and refinement of operating models, processes and procedures, and metrics & KPIs.
- Foster a culture of operational excellence, focused on sustainable growth, managing costs, and driving efficiencies.
- Create and leverage data, analytics, and dashboards to better understand how things are working, and use those insights to drive improvements and hold teams accountable.
- Have direct oversight of one of the largest organizations at Carrum Health, including our call center, Patient Care Specialists, Training & Quality department, and other critical operational functions.
- Directly manage a team of Patient Care Team Managers and Leads, mentoring and developing them and helping them to be their best.
- Operate as an escalation point for both patients and clients; ultimately acting as the external face of the Patient Care Team at Carrum.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other operating functions in the development and execution of action plans designed to improve the patient experience.
- Identify opportunities for Carrum’s product roadmap, define requirements, and collaborate on solution designs with our Platform Team.
We’re excited about you because…
- 10+ years of experience leading Call Center Operations, Patient Care Operations, or other large scale operating functions.
- Experience managing a rapidly growing, highly complex operations organization and developing a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Experience using data, analytics, and your own industry expertise to identify opportunities for improvement and hold teams accountable for performance.
- Experience leading large, matrixed, distributed teams in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills - capable of influencing change across an organization in a highly interdependent environment.
- Effective communication skills: the ability to be direct, logical and succinct.
- Highly detailed-oriented, extremely organized and results-driven; exceptional at creating process and structure. Strong operational and reporting prowess.
- Experience handling aggressive deadlines, keeping many balls in the air and prioritizing work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit; not afraid of ambiguity, hungers to learn something new, ability to innovate, think outside the box, and solve problems creatively and strategically
- Experience working in fast-paced, dynamic, rapidly growing, early-stage environments.
- Passion about Carrum Health’s mission to make healthcare more affordable and consumer-centric
Why you’ll love working with us...
- We’re a hard-working, humble, and compassionate group motivated to solve the hard problems in healthcare today. You’ll work with talented, experienced co-workers from companies like Booz & Company, Livongo, 98point6, Google, and Optum. We believe in using data to inform decisions, technology to make our jobs easier, and creative thinking to pave the future.
- We are working with some of the most recognized and esteemed names in the country. Top hospitals like Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, Stanford Health Care, Scripps Health, and Rush Health have joined our platform. Employers who use our benefit include Walgreens, US Foods, United Airlines, and large public sector organizations like the self-insured schools of California, and the State of Maine.
- We empower team members to be autonomous and provide a collaborative environment where you get support and healthy feedback. You can bring your authentic self to work every day and are encouraged to help others do the same.
- We carve out time to let go of work to celebrate our successes and have fun. We’re all working remotely right now, but prior to the pandemic a few of the monthly activities we enjoyed included group dinners, bowling, and hiking. Now we bring the fun online with holiday costume contests, arts and crafts activities, musical events, weekly meditations, and gratitude sessions.
- You’ll feel proud that the work you do each day directly impacts people’s lives in big and meaningful ways.
- Stock option plan
- Flexible schedules and remote work
- Chicago and San Francisco offices available
- Self-managed vacation days, within reason
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K retirement plan
We’re a health tech company that brings value-based care to the masses. We help employers deliver a memorable patient experience, immediately lower healthcare costs, and drive better outcomes and achieve this through the power of technology and human-centered design. Since launching in 2014, we’ve partnered with Fortune 500 employers and top hospitals across the nation. We’ve been recognized by Harvard Business School and featured in TechCrunch, The Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and Modern Healthcare. We believe we’re only scratching the surface of our opportunity and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us realize our full impact.
Carrum Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.