At Carrum Health, we live and breathe the mission of transforming the healthcare system to create an unmatched experience for patients. If you are passionate about changing healthcare and want to finally get rid of surprise bills, poor quality, and high prices, while thriving in an entrepreneurial, cutting-edge environment, we would love to connect with you.
In 2014 Carrum reinvented the Center of Excellence (CoE) category in digital health. We are the only company in this space with a digital platform and mobile app powering this novel marketplace. Today, most of the US population lives within driving distance of a Carrum CoE and our providers are among the best in the country. Our team’s execution has been recognized by the venture community and we’ve raised more than $50M in aggregate from investors like Tiger Global Management and Wildcat Ventures. Our impact has been externally proven in a 2021 RAND Corporation study and featured as a Harvard Business School (HBS) case study.
We’re rebuilding healthcare from the ground up and the Events Manager will play a critical role in our success. We’re looking to bring on an Events Manager with exceptional event management, relationship building, and project management skills to own our industry-facing conference and field marketing programs. The Events Manager will be planning and managing our events’ calendar, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, assisting with event marketing, monitoring timeframes and budgets, and delivering on event brief objectives.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Marketing, you’ll leverage cross-discipline strategies, tactics, and tools to help us bring our unique brand to life. You’ve hustled, you’ve created, you’ve implemented, and you love the intensity of a startup in high growth mode.
The salary range for this role is $100k - $120k plus bonus.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- You bring 5+ years of marketing experience working in industry events, with direct experience in Employee Benefits or Health Plan industry strongly preferred
- You will learn the health and benefits conference landscape, so that you can manage our annual strategy and cultivate partnerships to build long-term relationships with key industry associations
- Manage the industry events and field marketing programs
- Manage an events agency for larger conferences or booth construction as needed
- Manage external contracts and communication with vendors and partners
- Manage budgets, audio visual orders, signage/displays orders, transportation requests, procure promotional products, etc.
- Be the onsite event lead for all relevant events
- Prepare pre-event briefs, post event reports, including but not limited to attendee surveys, analytics, and lessons learned
We’re excited about you because…
We hope to see from you:
- A minimum of 5 years of B2B event marketing experience
- Impeccable project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively build cross-functional relationships
- Experience handling aggressive deadlines, keeping many balls in the air, and prioritizing work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, creative problem solving, and innovative thinking.
- You’re a natural self-starter who is comfortable working independently.
- Relevant marketing experience in the healthcare space preferred
Why you’ll love working with us...
- We’re a hard-working, humble, and compassionate group motivated to make waves in healthcare.
- We’re solving one of today’s most complex problems and need sharp, creative minds like yours to help us achieve success.
- You can bring your authentic self to work every day and are encouraged to help others do the same.
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of the health and technology industries.
- We believe in using data to inform decisions, technology to make our jobs easier, and creative thinking to pave the future.
- We’ve partnered with some of the largest employers in the country and top hospitals like Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, Stanford Health Care, Scripps Health, and Rush Health have joined our platform. Employers who use our benefit include US Foods, United Airlines, Quest Diagnostics, and large public sector organizations like the self-insured schools of California, and the State of Maine.
- We empower team members to be autonomous and provide a collaborative environment where you get support and healthy feedback.
- We carve out time to let go of work to celebrate our successes and have fun. We’re all working remotely right now, but prior to the pandemic a few of the monthly activities we enjoyed included group dinners, bowling, and hiking. Now we bring the fun online with holiday costume contests, arts and crafts activities, musical events, and gratitude sessions.
- You’ll feel proud that the work you do each day directly impacts thousands of people’s lives in very big ways.
- Stock option plan
- Flexible schedules and remote work
- Chicago and San Francisco offices available
- Self-managed vacation days, within reason
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K retirement plan
We’re a health tech company that brings value-based care to the masses. We help employers deliver a memorable patient experience, immediately lower healthcare costs, and drive better outcomes and achieve this through the power of technology and human-centered design. Since launching in 2014, we’ve partnered with Fortune 500 employers and top hospitals across the nation. We’ve been recognized by Harvard Business School and featured in TechCrunch, The Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and Modern Healthcare. We believe we’re only scratching the surface of our opportunity and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us realize our full impact.
Carrum Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.