Patient Care Representative Supervisor
At Carrum, we live and breathe the mission of transforming the healthcare system to create an unmatched experience for patients. If you are passionate about changing healthcare and want to finally get rid of surprise bills, poor quality, and high prices, while thriving in an entrepreneurial, cutting-edge environment, we would love to connect with you.
In 2014 Carrum reinvented the Center of Excellence (CoE) category in digital health. We are the only company in this space with a digital platform and mobile app powering this novel marketplace. Today, most of the US population lives within a 3 hours driving distance of a Carrum CoE and our providers rank in the top 10% nationally. Our team’s execution has been recognized by the venture community and we’ve raised more than $50M in aggregate from investors like Tiger Global Management and Wildcat Ventures. Our impact has been externally proven in a 2021 RAND Corporation study and featured as a Harvard Business School (HBS) case study.
We are looking for a Patient Care Representative Supervisor to help us manage and scale our Care Team. This position will play a critical role in our success with delivering high quality care to our patients.
Reporting to the Manager, Patient Care you will manage a group of incredibly skilled and empathetic individuals and will be crucial in delivering a comprehensive patient experience; helping us ensure that our patients are cared for throughout their surgical process. You’ve hustled, you’ve created, you’ve implemented, and you love the intensity of a startup in high-growth mode.
This is a full time remote position. We are open to candidates in any U.S. time zone.
The salary range for this role is $70k - $80k plus bonus.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Ensure a differentiated, high-touch experience for each patient
- Mentor, coach, and motivate direct reports through demonstration of best practices and leading by example
- Collaborate with management to develop strategic, operational, and technological solutions for improving quality, while also reducing the cost of care delivered
- Demonstrate ongoing oversight of care team activities
- Evaluate performance metrics including but not limited to patient satisfaction, utilization trends, queue KPIs, engagement rates, staff productivity, and other department/organizational metrics
- Implement standards to maximize productivity, quality, and an outstanding patient experience
- Assess and resolve any escalations from our patients
- Onboard new team members quickly and efficiently, whether in a remote or in-person environment
We’re excited about you because…
You have experience in the digital health space with experience leading teams in a start-up environment that work directly with patients to improve their health. Your track record speaks for itself, but you’re yearning for an opportunity to take your experience and apply it to a fresh new opportunity that is poised for enormous growth. We also hope to see from you:
- 3-5 years of experience in roles that work with patients or end-users of digital health platforms
- 2-3 years in leadership or management of a care team
- Strong skills working with Telephony systems, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, or other relevant technologies
- Commitment to providing the highest level of service through the right mix of empathy, professionalism, and integrity
- The ability to cut through the noise of a fast-paced start-up environment and affect real change that impacts your direct reports and the patients that rely on them
- Appropriately handle confidential information and adhere to HIPAA requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong “patient first” values
- Proven track record in career growth and leadership opportunities
- Data-driven and analytical skills; able to effectively analyze and communicate data to drive high-value, actionable insights, and lead your team
- Experience handling aggressive deadlines, keeping many balls in the air, and prioritizing work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with self-funded employer benefit plans and an understanding of healthcare bundled payment models are both serious pluses
- An entrepreneurial spirit, creative problem solving, and innovative thinking
- A natural self-starter who is comfortable working independently
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful — As an early member of a startup, we need people who can find creative ways to make a big impact quickly and without much direction.
- Experience handling deadlines, keeping many balls in the air, and prioritizing work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Why you’ll love working with us...
- We’re a hard-working, humble, and compassionate group motivated to solve the hard problems in healthcare today. You’ll work with talented, experienced co-workers from companies like Booz & Company, Livongo, 98point6, Google, and Optum. We believe in using data to inform decisions, technology to make our jobs easier, and creative thinking to pave the future.
- We are working with some of the most recognized and esteemed names in the country. Top hospitals like Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, Stanford Health Care, Scripps Health, and Rush Health have joined our platform. Employers who use our benefit include Walgreens, US Foods, United Airlines, and large public sector organizations like the self-insured schools of California, and the State of Maine.
- We empower team members to be autonomous and provide a collaborative environment where you get support and healthy feedback. You can bring your authentic self to work every day and are encouraged to help others do the same.
- We carve out time to let go of work to celebrate our successes and have fun. We’re all working remotely right now, but prior to the pandemic a few of the monthly activities we enjoyed included group dinners, bowling, and hiking. Now we bring the fun online with holiday costume contests, arts and crafts activities, musical events, weekly meditations, and gratitude sessions.
- You’ll feel proud that the work you do each day directly impacts people’s lives in big and meaningful ways.
- Stock option plan
- Flexible schedules and remote work
- Chicago and San Francisco offices available
- Self-managed vacation days, within reason
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K retirement plan
We’re a health tech company that brings value-based care to the masses. We help employers deliver a memorable patient experience, immediately lower healthcare costs, and drive better outcomes and achieve this through the power of technology and human-centered design. Since launching in 2014, we’ve partnered with Fortune 500 employers and top hospitals across the nation. We’ve been recognized by Harvard Business School and featured in TechCrunch, The Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and Modern Healthcare. We believe we’re only scratching the surface of our opportunity and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us realize our full impact.
Carrum Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.