Manager, Data Science and Analytics
At Carrum, we live and breathe the mission of transforming the healthcare system to create an unmatched experience for patients. If you are passionate about changing healthcare and want to finally get rid of surprise bills, poor quality, and high prices, while thriving in an entrepreneurial, cutting-edge environment, we would love to connect with you.
In 2014 Carrum reinvented the Center of Excellence (CoE) category in digital health. We are the only company in this space with a digital platform and mobile app powering this novel marketplace. Today, most of the US population lives within a 3 hours driving distance of a Carrum CoE and our providers rank in the top 10% nationally. Our team’s execution has been recognized by the venture community and we’ve raised more than $50M in aggregate from investors like Tiger Global Management and Wildcat Ventures. Our impact has been externally proven in a 2021 RAND Corporation study and featured as a Harvard Business School (HBS) case study.
The Manager of Data Science and Analytics role will report to the Chief Technology Officer and be responsible for leading a team of data analysts and scientists. The ideal candidate is someone who has a prior record of managing teams, executes company-wide data strategy, and loves the intensity of a high-growth startup.
The salary range for this role is $150k - $175k plus bonus.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Work with the team to propose and execute on data science initiatives and roadmap. Define best practices and innovations in the analytics and healthcare data space.
- Support a stellar data team. Help them grow through effective mentorship and lead them to deliver on the roadmap.
- Support analytics via a robust data foundation and infrastructure. Help implement data architecture, processes, systems and self-service tools for the company.
- Build strong relationships with functional leadership to ensure team priorities and output directly impacts company strategy, direction and growth.
- Master the ins-and-outs of our healthcare datasets, develop creative solutions to diverse questions that span data processing, reports and model development for both internal and external stakeholders.
We’re excited about you because you have…
- At least five years of professional experience as a data professional with several years of experience in managing and leading a high-performing talented data team.
- A demonstrable track record of delivering data products and insights, and influencing engineering, and business decisions.
- Experience in designing and executing data science roadmaps, successfully delivering high-impact analytics and insights.
- Proficiency in programming/scripting languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R), statistical and analytical models and applications.
- Digital Health experience and dealing with healthcare data is a strong plus. Having worked with data in e-commerce, consumer tech, B2C or membership-experience based business will be considered.
- No problem rolling up your sleeves and writing code while also building and managing the team.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while balancing competing priorities. Excellent written and verbal communications, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators
Why you’ll love working with us...
- We’re a hard-working, humble, and compassionate group motivated to solve the hard problems in healthcare today. You’ll work with talented, experienced co-workers from companies like Booz & Company, Livongo, 98point6, Google, and Optum. We believe in using data to inform decisions, technology to make our jobs easier, and creative thinking to pave the future.
- We are working with some of the most recognized and esteemed names in the country. Top hospitals like Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, Stanford Health Care, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, University of Chicago Cancer Center, and Rush Health have joined our platform. Employers who use our benefit include Walgreens, US Foods, United Airlines, and large public sector organizations like the self-insured schools of California, and the State of Maine.
- We empower team members to be autonomous and provide a collaborative environment where you get support and healthy feedback. You can bring your authentic self to work every day and are encouraged to help others do the same.
- We carve out time to let go of work to celebrate our successes and have fun. We’re all working remotely right now, but prior to the pandemic a few of the monthly activities we enjoyed included group dinners, bowling, and hiking. Now we bring the fun online with holiday costume contests, arts and crafts activities, musical events, weekly meditations, and gratitude sessions.
- You’ll feel proud that the work you do each day directly impacts people’s lives in big and meaningful ways.
- Stock option plan
- Flexible schedules and remote work
- Chicago and San Francisco offices available
- Self-managed vacation days, within reason
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K retirement plan
We’re a health tech company that brings value-based care to the masses. We help employers deliver a memorable patient experience, immediately lower healthcare costs, and drive better outcomes and achieve this through the power of technology and human-centered design. Since launching in 2014, we’ve partnered with Fortune 500 employers and top hospitals across the nation. We’ve been recognized by Harvard Business School and featured in TechCrunch, The Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and Modern Healthcare. We believe we’re only scratching the surface of our opportunity and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us realize our full impact.
Carrum Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.