Patient Care Representative
At Carrum, we live and breathe the mission of transforming the healthcare system to create an unmatched experience for patients. If you are passionate about changing healthcare and want to finally get rid of surprise bills, poor quality, and high prices, while thriving in an entrepreneurial, cutting-edge environment, we would love to connect with you.
In 2014 Carrum reinvented the Center of Excellence (CoE) category in digital health. We are the only company in this space with a digital platform and mobile app powering this novel marketplace. Today, most of the US population lives within a 3 hours driving distance of a Carrum CoE and our providers rank in the top 10% nationally. Our team’s execution has been recognized by the venture community and we’ve raised more than $50M in aggregate from investors like Tiger Global Management and Wildcat Ventures. Our impact has been externally proven in a 2021 RAND Corporation study and featured as a Harvard Business School (HBS) case study.
The heart of Carrum Health is a seamless and highly personalized patient experience; and this is enabled by our Patient Care team. As part of the Care Team, the Patient Care Representative is responsible for managing a high volume of service requests from Providers and Members. The Patient Care Representative will work closely with the Patient Care Team to support patients throughout their journey.
This is a full time remote position. We are looking for candidates willing to work on a Central Time schedule.
The hourly rate for this role is $20 - $22 plus bonus.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Provide exceptional patient care via telephone and other technology
- Ensure patient satisfaction by providing quality service, identifying patient needs and assisting them with issues/concerns
- Research, identify and problem solve, verify eligibility of service and place call backs as required
- Support the Patient Care Team in providing a comprehensive and thoughtful patient experience
- Meet and support established service goals and business objectives by meeting and exceeding performance standards
- Adapt communication style to persons representing diverse personal, professional, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds
We’re excited about you because…
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required; college preferred
- Minimum of one-year customer service in a call center, medical office/clinic or institutional setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- An aptitude for quality assurance and data-driven outcomes
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Talkdesk, and other standard applications
- Commitment to providing the highest level of service through the right mix of empathy, professionalism, and integrity
- The ability to cut through the noise of a fast-paced start-up environment and affect real change.
- Appropriately handle confidential information and adhere to HIPAA requirements
- Strong “patient first” values
- Spanish Speaking preferred
- You are comfortable interacting through a variety of tech platforms and can quickly learn new software.
Why you’ll love working with us...
- We’re a hard-working, humble, and compassionate group motivated to solve the hard problems in healthcare today. You’ll work with talented, experienced co-workers from companies like Booz & Company, Livongo, 98point6, Google, and Optum. We believe in using data to inform decisions, technology to make our jobs easier, and creative thinking to pave the future.
- We are working with some of the most recognized and esteemed names in the country. Top hospitals like Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, Stanford Health Care, Scripps Health, and Rush Health have joined our platform. Employers who use our benefit include Walgreens, US Foods, United Airlines, and large public sector organizations like the self-insured schools of California, and the State of Maine.
- We empower team members to be autonomous and provide a collaborative environment where you get support and healthy feedback. You can bring your authentic self to work every day and are encouraged to help others do the same.
- We carve out time to let go of work to celebrate our successes and have fun. We’re all working remotely right now, but prior to the pandemic a few of the monthly activities we enjoyed included group dinners, bowling, and hiking. Now we bring the fun online with holiday costume contests, arts and crafts activities, musical events, weekly meditations, and gratitude sessions.
- You’ll feel proud that the work you do each day directly impacts people’s lives in big and meaningful ways.
- Stock option plan
- Flexible schedules and remote work
- Chicago and San Francisco offices available
- Self-managed vacation days, within reason
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K retirement plan
We’re a health tech company that brings value-based care to the masses. We help employers deliver a memorable patient experience, immediately lower healthcare costs, and drive better outcomes and achieve this through the power of technology and human-centered design. Since launching in 2014, we’ve partnered with Fortune 500 employers and top hospitals across the nation. We’ve been recognized by Harvard Business School and featured in TechCrunch, The Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and Modern Healthcare. We believe we’re only scratching the surface of our opportunity and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us realize our full impact.
Carrum Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.