Substance Use Disorder Clinical Care Navigator
At Carrum, we live and breathe the mission of transforming the healthcare system to create an unmatched experience for patients. If you are passionate about changing healthcare and want to finally get rid of surprise bills, poor quality, and high prices, while thriving in an entrepreneurial, cutting-edge environment, we would love to connect with you.
In 2014 Carrum reinvented the Center of Excellence (CoE) category in digital health. We are the only company in this space with a digital platform and mobile app powering this novel marketplace. Today, most of the US population lives within a 3 hours driving distance of a Carrum CoE and our providers rank in the top 10% nationally. Our team’s execution has been recognized by the venture community and we’ve raised more than $50M in aggregate from investors like Tiger Global Management and Wildcat Ventures. Our impact has been externally proven in a 2021 RAND Corporation study and featured as a Harvard Business School (HBS) case study.
We are looking for a Substance Use Disorder Clinical Care Specialist to help support our Patient Care Team and partner with our Substance Use Disorder Centers of Excellence. This position will play a critical cross-functional role in the success of our company.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Operations and Care Management, you will be a critical member of the clinical service line at Carrum Health, supporting the Patient Care Team as the clinical expert in Substance Use Disorder. Working together with our Patient Care Team, you will serve as the patient’s biggest advocate and create a welcoming and comforting end-to-end experience. Your expertise in this space will be utilized throughout the company in support of sales, marketing, the development of new offerings, improving the patient experience, and clinical and new provider implementations.
Your years of clinical experience has prepared you for this moment. Join us in changing the landscape of how quality healthcare is delivered one patient at a time.
The salary range for this role is $75k - $90k plus bonus, depending on level of experience and geographic location.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Work with Carrum Health’s Substance Use Disorder patients, supporting their intake over the phone and via our online portal and ensuring they are referred to the appropriate Center of Excellence
- Ensure a individualized, high-touch experience for each Substance Use Disorder patient
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop strategic, operational, and technical solutions for improving the quality of our Substance Use Disorder program and patient care experience
- Work closely with our Provider Team to ensure that our Substance Use Disorder COEs execute clinical services in a timely and quality manner per the established contract
- Help plan and facilitate clinical best practice design sessions for our team with our COE clinical team
- Assess and resolve any clinical escalations from our patients and COEs
- Proactively monitor, identify and communicate gaps and issues that may impact any aspect of patient care journey development
- Lend your expertise to help shape the future of the Substance Use Disorder program at Carrum
We’re excited about you because…
You have the clinical expertise to impact change and bring quality accessible healthcare to patients looking for a medical solution to improve their quality of life. We also hope to see from you:
- A minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience in Substance Use Disorder and Behavioral Health patient care with an LCSW, LCPC, LSW, or LPC certification
- Digital health experience preferred
- An aptitude for quality assurance and data-driven outcomes
- Proficient with spreadsheet software (Google Sheets, MS Excel)
- Have a strong working knowledge of Substance Use Disorders
- Appropriately handle confidential information and adhere to HIPAA requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience handling deadlines, managing multiple cross functional projects, and prioritizing work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful — As an early member of a startup, we need people who can find creative ways to make a big impact quickly and without much direction
- A natural self-starter who is inspired to think outside the box
Why you’ll love working with us...
- We’re a hard-working, humble, and compassionate group motivated to solve the hard problems in healthcare today. You’ll work with talented, experienced co-workers from companies like Booz & Company, Livongo, 98point6, Google, and Optum. We believe in using data to inform decisions, technology to make our jobs easier, and creative thinking to pave the future.
- We are working with some of the most recognized and esteemed names in the country. Top hospitals like Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, Stanford Health Care, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, University of Chicago Cancer Center, and Rush Health have joined our platform. Employers who use our benefit include Walgreens, US Foods, United Airlines, and large public sector organizations like the self-insured schools of California, and the State of Maine.
- We empower team members to be autonomous and provide a collaborative environment where you get support and healthy feedback. You can bring your authentic self to work every day and are encouraged to help others do the same.
- We carve out time to let go of work to celebrate our successes and have fun. We’re all working remotely right now, but prior to the pandemic a few of the monthly activities we enjoyed included group dinners, bowling, and hiking. Now we bring the fun online with holiday costume contests, arts and crafts activities, musical events, weekly meditations, and gratitude sessions.
- You’ll feel proud that the work you do each day directly impacts people’s lives in big and meaningful ways.
- Stock option plan
- Flexible schedules and remote work
- Chicago and San Francisco offices available
- Self-managed vacation days, within reason
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K retirement plan
We’re a health tech company that brings value-based care to the masses. We help employers deliver a memorable patient experience, immediately lower healthcare costs, and drive better outcomes and achieve this through the power of technology and human-centered design. Since launching in 2014, we’ve partnered with Fortune 500 employers and top hospitals across the nation. We’ve been recognized by Harvard Business School and featured in TechCrunch, The Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and Modern Healthcare. We believe we’re only scratching the surface of our opportunity and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us realize our full impact.
Carrum Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.