At Carrum, we live and breathe the mission of transforming the healthcare system to create an unmatched experience for patients. If you are passionate about changing healthcare and want to finally get rid of surprise bills, poor quality, and high prices, while thriving in an entrepreneurial, cutting-edge environment, we would love to connect with you.
In 2014 Carrum reinvented the Center of Excellence (CoE) category in digital health. We are the only company in this space with a digital platform and mobile app powering this novel marketplace. Today, most of the US population lives within a 3 hours driving distance of a Carrum CoE and our providers rank in the top 10% nationally. Our team’s execution has been recognized by the venture community and we’ve raised more than $50M in aggregate from investors like Tiger Global Management and Wildcat Ventures. Our impact has been externally proven in a 2021 RAND Corporation study and featured as a Harvard Business School (HBS) case study.
We are looking for a Contracting Manager to help us grow and scale our contracting function. The Contracting Manager will play a critical role in our success.
Reporting to the VP, Contracting & Strategy, you will own the implementation and ongoing oversight of our contract management system and be crucial in organizing our contracting functions, including the opportunity to review documents and coordinate the review process with the VP of Contracting & Strategy and external counsel; helping us ensure that our internal and external processes related to contracting across all functions of the business are organized, efficient, and coordinated. You’ve hustled, you’ve created, you’ve implemented, and you love the intensity of a startup in high-growth mode.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Own all aspects of the contracting life cycle at Carrum, from intake, redlines management, and coordination with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Build out our contract management system and oversee its ongoing role in the contracting department at Carrum; this will be an opportunity to build out contract management from the ground up
- Regularly collaborate with internal stakeholders and external counsel on contracting matters
- Have the opportunity to work across all functions of the business, including sales, provider, and partnerships as well as internal operational teams
- Participate directly and eventually independently lead contract negotiations with external parties
- Contribute to the scaling and efficiency of the contracting function at Carrum
- Assist with complex regulatory and business considerations during the course of contracting
- Leverage your expertise in Carrum’s contracts to contribute to other areas of the business, including sales, provider, partnership, and operational strategic initiatives
We’re excited about you because…
- You bring a rich background of experience working with complex contracts. Previous experience working with a two-sided marketplace is a strong plus. We hope to see from you:
- Strong skill working with contract management systems is required, experience in implementing a contract management system from the ground up is preferred
- 5+ years of contracting experience, with a strong preference for a background in provider, health plan, PBM, or self-insured employer contracting. Knowledge of bundled payments, ERISA, HIPAA, and/or data privacy matters is preferred.
- Experience in reviewing and redlining complex client contracts, NDAs, data use agreements, vendor contracts, and/or partnership agreements
- Track record in successfully managing multiple competing priorities and balancing short-term deadlines with longer-term project management
- Ability to digest complex information, prioritize regulatory compliance, and bring a business perspective to contract management
- Desire to grow and learn and take on increasing responsibility and new challenges; the ability to both work independently and collaborate with others
- Detail-oriented mindset and appreciation for the nuances of contracting
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful — As an early member of a startup, we need people who can find creative ways to make a big impact quickly and without much direction.
- Experience handling deadlines, keeping many balls in the air, and prioritizing work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Passion for collaborating cross-functionally with sales, operations, client success, data, and product teams to ideate, complete projects, and drive impactful results.
Why you’ll love working with us...
- We’re a hard-working, humble, and compassionate group motivated to solve the hard problems in healthcare today. You’ll work with talented, experienced co-workers from companies like Booz & Company, Livongo, 98point6, Google, and Optum. We believe in using data to inform decisions, technology to make our jobs easier, and creative thinking to pave the future.
- We are working with some of the most recognized and esteemed names in the country. Top hospitals like Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, Stanford Health Care, Scripps Health, and Rush Health have joined our platform. Employers who use our benefit include Walgreens, US Foods, United Airlines, and large public sector organizations like the self-insured schools of California, and the State of Maine.
- We empower team members to be autonomous and provide a collaborative environment where you get support and healthy feedback. You can bring your authentic self to work every day and are encouraged to help others do the same.
- We carve out time to let go of work to celebrate our successes and have fun. We’re all working remotely right now, but prior to the pandemic a few of the monthly activities we enjoyed included group dinners, bowling, and hiking. Now we bring the fun online with holiday costume contests, arts and crafts activities, musical events, weekly meditations, and gratitude sessions.
- You’ll feel proud that the work you do each day directly impacts people’s lives in big and meaningful ways.
- Stock option plan
- Flexible schedules and remote work
- Chicago and San Francisco offices available
- Self-managed vacation days, within reason
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K retirement plan
We’re a health tech company that brings value-based care to the masses. We help employers deliver a memorable patient experience, immediately lower healthcare costs, and drive better outcomes and achieve this through the power of technology and human-centered design. Since launching in 2014, we’ve partnered with Fortune 500 employers and top hospitals across the nation. We’ve been recognized by Harvard Business School and featured in TechCrunch, The Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and Modern Healthcare. We believe we’re only scratching the surface of our opportunity and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us realize our full impact.
Carrum Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.