Provider Operations Associate
At Carrum, we live and breathe the mission of transforming the healthcare system to create an unmatched experience for patients. If you are passionate about changing healthcare and want to finally get rid of surprise bills, poor quality, and high prices, while thriving in an entrepreneurial, cutting-edge environment, we would love to connect with you.
In 2014 Carrum reinvented the Center of Excellence (CoE) category in digital health. We are the only company in this space with a digital platform and mobile app powering this novel marketplace. Today, most of the US population lives within a 3 hour driving distance of a Carrum CoE and our providers rank in the top 10% nationally. Our team’s execution has been recognized by the venture community and we’ve raised more than $50M in aggregate from investors like Tiger Global Management and Wildcat Ventures. Our impact has been externally proven in a 2021 RAND Corporation study and featured as a Harvard Business School (HBS) case study.
Carrum Health is a next-generation digital health company pushing value-based care forward, and the Provider Operations Associate will play a critical role in our success. Our network of high-quality Center of Excellence providers is expanding at a rapid pace and the Provider Operations role is vital to our mission to improve patient experience and outcomes by changing the way health care is delivered and paid for. Our Centers of Excellence are at the core of our two-sided healthcare marketplace and this team leads the charge. You will be directly responsible for supporting the provider operations management team as they interface with our Center of Excellence providers. You will contribute to the implementation process for bringing new providers onto the Carrum platform for a range of bundled services, including total joint repair, spinal surgery, oncology, and bariatric services, among others. Your ability to manage multiple competing priorities and attention to detail are key to the ongoing success of our provider partnerships. You’ll also be responsible for multiple aspects of provider operations, including knowledge management, support for finance and billing, tracking KPIs, and interfacing with cross-functional teams at Carrum. You are highly motivated, have a demonstrated track record of success in educational and work endeavors, and you’re looking to apply your detail-oriented and organized skill set to a new challenge in a high-energy environment with growth potential.
The salary range for this role is $65k - $75k plus bonus, depending on level of experience and geographic location.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Have a front row seat to provider operations and account management at a growing start-up, applying your skill set to a new professional challenge
- Have the flexibility to identify areas of opportunity for improvement, scope projects, and independently manage them to completion
- Work 1:1 with our provider operations team and Carrum providers on a daily basis to independently solve problems, respond to their needs, and ensure smooth ongoing operations
- Collaborate with internal Carrum teams, learning multiple aspects of our company
- Contribute in significant ways to the ongoing maintenance, management, and enhancement of provider accounts alongside the provider operations team Have direct responsibility for key functions that are central to the success of our provider relationships, including knowledge management, billing.
- Learn directly from providers through participation in key meetings with stakeholders at all levels of hospitals and health systems
We’re excited about you because…
You’re detail-oriented, highly organized, and have an unrelenting commitment to excellence in all aspects of your professional performance. You are passionate about value-based care and changing health care and want to apply your skill set in a new environment to help us grow and scale at a key inflection point of our growth. You have impeccable professionalism and a deep understanding of health care and how to work with providers successfully over a significant length of time. We also hope to see from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A track record of success in educational and work environments
- A demonstrated interest in health care, with a particular interest in contributing to Carrum’s mission to change how healthcare is delivered and paid for
- A high degree of organization, ability to meet deadlines, and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and ability to work independently
- Comfort with managing multiple competing priorities and respond to needs across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent professionalism
- Eagerness to learn and grow in a new role
- A positive attitude and spirit of generosity to go above and beyond for our provider partners, our members, our customers, and your internal colleagues
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information and adhere to HIPAA requirements
- A desire to work in a start-up environment and an “all hands on deck” attitude to contribute to our success
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful — As an early member of a startup, we need people who can find creative ways to make a big impact quickly and without much direction.
- Experience handling deadlines, keeping many balls in the air, and prioritizing work in a fast- paced, dynamic environment.
- Passion for collaborating cross-functionally with sales, operations, client success, data, and product teams to ideate, complete projects, and drive impactful results.
Why you’ll love working with us...
We’re a hard-working, humble, and compassionate group motivated to solve the hard problems in healthcare today. You’ll work with talented, experienced co-workers from companies like Booz & Company, Livongo, 98point6, Google, and Optum. We believe in using data to inform decisions, technology to make our jobs easier, and creative thinking to pave the future. We are working with some of the most recognized and esteemed names in the country. Top hospitals like Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, Stanford Health Care, Scripps Health, and Rush Health have joined our platform. Employers who use our benefit include Walgreens, US Foods, United Airlines, and large public sector organizations like the self-insured schools of California, and the State of Maine.
We empower team members to be autonomous and provide a collaborative environment where you get support and healthy feedback. You can bring your authentic self to work every day and are encouraged to help others do the same. We carve out time to let go of work to celebrate our successes and have fun. We’re all working remotely right now, but prior to the pandemic a few of the monthly activities we enjoyed included group dinners, bowling, and hiking. Now we bring the fun online with holiday costume contests, arts and crafts activities, musical events, weekly meditations, and gratitude sessions. You’ll feel proud that the work you do each day directly impacts people’s lives in big and meaningful ways.
- Stock option plan
- Flexible schedules and remote work
- Chicago and San Francisco offices available
- Self-managed vacation days, within reason
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K retirement plan
We’re a health tech company that brings value-based care to the masses. We help employers deliver a memorable patient experience, immediately lower healthcare costs, and drive better outcomes and achieve this through the power of technology and human-centered design. Since launching in 2014, we’ve partnered with Fortune 500 employers and top hospitals across the nation. We’ve been recognized by Harvard Business School and featured in TechCrunch, The Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and Modern Healthcare. We believe we’re only scratching the surface of our opportunity and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us realize our full impact.
Carrum Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.