Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Catalant has reinvented the $250 billion management consulting industry by connecting business leaders with world-class independent consultants, on demand, through our technology platform. Fortune 1000 enterprises, PE firms and their portfolio companies, and consulting firms partner with Catalant to find experienced independent consultants to solve complex business problems.
With backing from some of the world's top venture capital firms, we continue to bolster our industry-leading platform by growing the team that will take Catalant to the next level.
We are looking for driven, high-energy, early career sales professionals who are ready to drive new business and uncover opportunities. You should be thrilled with the idea of an unlimited hunting territory and uncapped commissions. In this role you will work with our talented account executive team to research and build a pipeline, identify target accounts, and help determine the most efficient method of outreach. Excellent phone and email skills, as well as the ability to quickly assess customer opportunities will be critical to your success. You will be responsible for accurately tracking customer interactions and information in Salesforce.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
Our GTM team is based out of Boston, and the expectation for this role is that you will work out of our Boston office 1-2x/week.
What You'll Do:
- Identify and contact decision makers at the world’s top companies to convert them into Catalant clients
- Leverage technology platforms to prospect new leads, write compelling & relevant emails, cold call prospective clients, and generate interest in the Catalant platform
- Generate and qualify new leads
- Prepare your Account Executive meetings with top executives and be a high energy and credible presence in client meetings
- Come up with thoughtful and creative ideas to grow your team’s accounts
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree
- A motivated, results-driven approach, and a readiness to lead the charge on the Catalant sales team
- A “today not tomorrow” attitude towards learning and achieving goals, and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Superior communication skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to be coached and to hustle
- Strong problem-solving skills and a penchant for creative thinking as we educate the market on our revolutionary new platform
- Preferably a track record in prospecting, outreach, or others sales-related activities
- An attention to detail befitting our top enterprise client listA willingness to learn and be adaptable in an ambiguous environment
- Strong sense of curiosity and interest in transforming the way business leaders think about getting work done
What We Offer:
- The chance to learn and grow quickly in a dynamic sales environment
- Exposure to the most challenging business problems that companies are facing today as we listen to our clients’ needs
- Promotion opportunities within the sales organization and other functions for top performers
- The chance to win in a new market in a fun, stimulating work environment
At Catalant, we strive to offer a work environment where employees can bring however much of their full, authentic self as they desire. With this in mind, we are happy to offer our employees:
- Flexible paid time off
- 13 company holidays + an All Company wellness day off each quarter
- Twelve weeks of paid parental leave regardless of how you choose to grow your family
- Generous health insurance coverage as well as optional vision and dental
- 401k to save for retirement
- Pre-tax commuter and flexible spending accounts
- A lifestyle spending account to be used towards cell phone, internet, commuting, and learning & development
- Wellness stipend for your mental, emotional, or physical wellbeing needs and support
- Work from Home stipend
- Catalant sponsored membership to Calm
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Catalant is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Catalant makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business objectives and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, qualified physical or mental disability, genetic condition or predisposition, or any other status protected by law. All Catalant employees are prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
We have a flexible hybrid work model, where employees local to our Boston headquarters come into our office on a flexible basis, and other employees are fully remote. We are hiring and conducting interviews and onboarding either virtually or in person if local to Boston, depending on what makes most sense based on the specific candidate and new hire. Talk to our People Team to learn more!