Event & Employee Experience Internship
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Catalant has reinvented the $250 billion management consulting industry by connecting business leaders with world-class independent consultants, on demand, through our technology platform. Fortune 1000 enterprises, PE firms and their portfolio companies, and consulting firms partner with Catalant to find experienced independent consultants to solve complex business problems.
With backing from some of the world's top venture capital firms, we continue to bolster our industry-leading platform by growing the team that will take Catalant to the next level.
We are looking for an Events & Employee Experience intern to support our US event activity, based in downtown Boston. The Events & Employee Experience Intern will be responsible for executing customers events with the main goal of new lead generation, setting and meeting objectives, tactical execution, on-site management and post event analysis. In addition, the intern will assist in organizing internal company events for Catalant's employee base, as well as managing the workplace experiences which includes coordinating virtual gatherings, in-person social events, as well as finding creative solutions to enhance the workplace environment. A successful internship candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and above all, a team player with a positive attitude.
As an Events & Employee Experience Intern at Catalant, you will be a key contributor to our People and Marketing team. You will assist in planning, organizing, and executing a variety of events, including internal company gatherings, external customer events, and enhancing our overall office experience. This role will provide you with the chance to develop essential skills while contributing to the success of the company.
Please note, this is an unpaid internship for currently enrolled undergraduate students and individuals will need to guarantee that they will be able to have approved college credit for their work.
Candidates are expected to come into the Boston office at least 1-2x per week.
What You'll Do:
- Manage on-site operations for virtually all event activities at Catalant from conception through completion (customer dinners, customer conference, employee events, workshops, etc.)
- Manage registrations, agendas, meeting spaces with meticulous detail
- Manage and process necessary documentation
- Prospect venues, negotiate pricing, prioritize event logistics
- Support the planning and execution of internal company events, such as team-building activities, workshops, and celebrations.
- Manage set-up of executive dinners and an overall efficient event flow
- Handle food and beverage planning for all events, employeesAnalyze event success and proactively provide feedback on how to improve future events
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and the Executive Team to ensure the most efficient and positive event experience for prospects and customers
- Manage swag inventory
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the office, ensuring a clean, organized, and well-maintained workspace.
- Manage and restock office supplies, ensuring that all employees have access to necessary materials.
- Report and track any office maintenance issues, coordinating maintenance tasks as needed.
- Assist employees with workplace-related queries, such as finding meeting rooms, managing access cards, and addressing minor IT or facilities issues.
- Propose and implement ideas to improve the overall office experience, such as decorating, organizing recreational spaces, or suggesting wellness initiatives.
What You'll Bring:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, with a focus on marketing, event management, hospitality, or a related field.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Results oriented, driven to support sales goals through successful event planning and executionStrong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team, and be collaborative with the rest of the Go-to-Market organization.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus.
- A strong desire to learn, adapt, and contribute innovative ideas.
Who you are:
- A currently enrolled undergraduate student
- An enthusiastic individual excited to help enhance the Events team at a faced-paced start up
- Has a strong attention to detail, quality, and accuracy
- Solution-oriented and takes initiative
- An adaptable team player who can juggle multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrates integrity and authenticity
At Catalant, we strive to offer a work environment where employees can bring however much of their full, authentic self as they desire. With this in mind, we are happy to offer our employees:
- Flexible paid time off
- 13 company holidays + an All Company wellness day off each quarter
- Twelve weeks of paid parental leave regardless of how you choose to grow your family
- Generous health insurance coverage as well as optional vision and dental
- 401k to save for retirement
- Pre-tax commuter and flexible spending accounts
- A lifestyle spending account to be used towards cell phone, internet, commuting, and learning & development
- Wellness stipend for your mental, emotional, or physical wellbeing needs and support
- Work from Home stipend
- Catalant sponsored membership to Calm
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Catalant is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Catalant makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business objectives and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, qualified physical or mental disability, genetic condition or predisposition, or any other status protected by law. All Catalant employees are prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
We have a flexible hybrid work model, where employees local to our Boston headquarters come into our office on a flexible basis, and other employees are fully remote. We are hiring and conducting interviews and onboarding either virtually or in person if local to Boston, depending on what makes most sense based on the specific candidate and new hire. Talk to our People Team to learn more!