Senior Analyst, Data Analytics and Business Insights
IT, Data Science
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
Catalant has reinvented the $250 billion management consulting industry by connecting business leaders with world-class independent consultants, on demand, through our technology platform. Fortune 1000 enterprises, PE firms and their portfolio companies, and consulting firms partner with Catalant to find experienced independent consultants to solve complex business problems.
With backing from some of the world's top venture capital firms, we continue to bolster our industry-leading platform by growing the team that will take Catalant to the next level.
Our Data and Analytics team is part of our Engineering organization, which is responsible for creating and supporting our two primary product lines. We value collaboration and teamwork, and strive for pragmatic solutions. We’re a python shop on the Flask framework. We use docker and MySQL deployed in GCP. We leverage CI and CD. We utilize the scrum framework to develop new features and platform improvements for our clients.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to take our Data & Analytics team to the next level and help us use data to solve some of Catalant’s biggest challenges. Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with stakeholders across the company to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Deliver critical business insights and data capabilities to the Sales, Product, People, Finance, Marketing, and Engineering departments
- Identify trends from sources of raw data to increase the efficiency and more effective decision making through reporting and analysis; build reports and dashboards to enable teams across the company (we use Domo)
- Define metrics to evaluate business performance and products; build reports and dashboards to monitor and understand them
- Communicate and present data analysis, visualizations, and data-driven insights to both key stakeholders and the company at large
- Coordinate/Collaborate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision-making
What You'll Bring:
- 5-7 years of experience in data analysis (experience in SaaS product and Salesforce data a plus)
- Proven experience in synthesizing complex business concepts, performance metrics, and trends into visualizations and actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated track record of proficiency working in advanced analytics, fluency with SQL, writing code and using data visualization, BI software and/or reporting tools (e.g. Domo)
- Experience in R or Python (specifically dplyr, pandas, or similar libraries)
- Demonstrated ability to utilize cloud based databases to retrieve and build data tables (e.g. Google Big Query)
- Able to design and improve data models
- Demonstrated ability in learning new reporting or BI toolsExperience in leveraging data cleaning, transformation, analytics and reporting from large data sets to support use cases and drive business value.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business A collaborative, team player mindset who is adaptable and can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional setting
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills
- Tremendous attention to detail, comprehension of statistical concepts, and desire to understand the underlying reality of the business operations, audience characteristics, etc.
At Catalant, we strive to offer a work environment where employees can bring however much of their full, authentic self as they desire. With this in mind, we are happy to offer our employees:
- Flexible paid time off
- 13 company holidays + an All Company wellness day off each quarter
- Twelve weeks of paid parental leave regardless of how you choose to grow your family
- Generous health insurance coverage as well as optional vision and dental
- 401k to save for retirement
- Pre-tax commuter and flexible spending accounts
- A lifestyle spending account to be used towards cell phone, internet, commuting, and learning & development
- Wellness stipend for your mental, emotional, or physical wellbeing needs and support
- Work from Home stipend
- Catalant sponsored membership to Calm
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Catalant is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Catalant makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business objectives and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, qualified physical or mental disability, genetic condition or predisposition, or any other status protected by law. All Catalant employees are prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
We have a flexible hybrid work model, where employees local to our Boston headquarters come into our office on a flexible basis, and other employees are fully remote. We are hiring and conducting interviews and onboarding either virtually or in person if local to Boston, depending on what makes most sense based on the specific candidate and new hire. Talk to our People Team to learn more!