Sr. Product Manager
We're in the process of constructing and expanding our team, and we're in search of driven individuals who are proactive and prepared to engage fully. These individuals will play a pivotal role in delivering projects centered around customer value.
You will be facing competing priorities, ambiguity, and changes common to high-growth early stage startups. You will also have a voice at the table for how we improve processes, work quality, and metrics used to measure success.
Product managers who are likely to succeed here excel in the following types of core daily activities:
1) Value-Driven Delivery
- Conduct regular stand-up meetings and sprint reviews to monitor progress
- Act urgently to overcome blockers hindering development, QA, and release
- Identify and reduce highly-critical bugs before release
- Communicate and coordinate delivery updates and timelines with key teams and stakeholders
2) Value-Driven Product Planning
- Write and quickly align on clear, evidence-based customer problem statements, success criteria, user stories, acceptance criteria, and, where necessary, wireframes that empower dev teams to ship high-quality work quickly
- Diligently prioritize and scope to meet deadlines while achieving core customer value goals and de-risk common issues like dev capacity and delays in advance
- Facilitate effective sprint planning, capacity planning, and backlog grooming sessions
- Prepare and align your team and stakeholders on ready-to-deliver, multi-sprint-forward backlogs and roadmaps
3) Continuous Improvement
- Act urgently to fix highly-critical bugs and issues that arise in your product
- Document your product to enable other teams to debug, improve, and use your product
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams to boost feature adoption
- Analyze and share your impact on proposed success criteria and our north star with your team and key stakeholders
- Proactively source and prioritize challenges and opportunities from stakeholders and users/customers and incorporate de-risked solutions into future backlogs or roadmaps
- Lead efforts to improve processes to increase delivery velocity & customer value
About City Innovate
At City Innovate, we believe that the best technology shouldn’t be out of reach for government.
We’re a mission-driven early stage startup with real revenue, focusing on making a difference in government as a force for social good.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco, but talent lives around the world, so we have a global team and emphasize flexibility in your location and schedule.
We know our people are our most important asset so we offer competitive compensation, including equity, pay 100% of your medical and dental, and are committed to work-life balance.
We are a dynamic workplace based on respect, where everyone has a voice and participates in decision-making, so we can solve the hard problems.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
How you succeed:
- Take ownership and responsibility for product success, maintaining a sense of urgency to achieve milestones
- Thrive as a problem solver, tackling challenges and working through ambiguity
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders using exceptional verbal and written skills
- Utilize your significant project management skills, agile experience, and process-oriented approach to advocate for project health and meet deadlines.
- Exhibit adaptability by navigating through competing priorities, ambiguity, and evolving changes to meet short-term and long-term objectives
- Embrace feedback with a growth mindset, continuously seeking ways to improve your ability to impact top metrics
- Demonstrate a deep alignment with our company's mission and share a passion for your own personal and professional growth within this mission
Nice to haves:
- Leverage your B2B/B2Gov business model experience to drive strategic decision-making and maximize product-market fit.
- Utilize your technical, design, or data background to understand and collaborate effectively with development teams
- Show genuine passion for the craft of Product Management, staying up-to-date with industry best practices and trends
- Apply your diversity of experience in Product Management and well-roundedness in approaching various aspects of the role and in your problem-solving
- Compensation: $140,000 - $155,000
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% employer-funded medical, dental and vision insurance
- 100% remote
- $500 remote office setup