Electrical Market Director (Strategic Growth)
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
Since 2016, Austin-based Interplay Learning has been building better training, better careers and better lives for its customers and their employees.
Our award-winning online and VR training for the essential skilled trades, including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Solar, Multi-Family Maintenance and Facilities Maintenance workforces, is scalable and more effective than traditional training methods. By leveraging immersive learning technology, Interplay’s customers are able to train and practice hands-on learning from a desktop, phone, tablet, or in virtual reality. The result is a highly trained employee who is job-ready in weeks, not years.
Our digital experiential learning platform, SkillMill, conveniently turns any space into a training lab with its short video courses, 3D simulations, knowledge checks, coaching, community, and connectivity.
Recent accolades include recognition by Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards in the Education, General Excellence, and On the Rise categories as well as the Built-In Best Places to Work in Austin award.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC’s, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Built-In, Best Midsize Places to Work In Austin 2023
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next “Smartphone,” VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
Position: Electrical Market Director
You will be responsible for developing and driving the strategic direction for Electrical initiatives. You will be charged with helping Interplay rapidly build expertise in this field, serving as the lead on key decisions and projects across our sales, product, marketing, and growth teams.
You will report to the VP of Sales and partner closely with the CEO, VP of Product, Director of Education and Workforce Development, Senior Director of Production, and Director of Strategic Growth.
Why this position:
- Flexible, remote work (most work happens between 9am-5pm CST)
- Innovative technology, mission-driven company
- Responsible for strategic growth within your vertical
- Make an impact with a high growth start-up
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the point-person for the Electrical Market for strategizing and executing on how we achieve product market fit and generate material revenue
- Work at the intersection of product, product marketing and sales
- Analyze existing product experience to strategize on new content roadmap and features with the Product team
- Advance a go-to-market strategy including how we approach, sell, and deliver experiences to customers across various segments of the market
- Bring strong rolodex of industry contacts that can assist in the growth of Interplay’s Electrical segment
- Support sales during in-person/virtual customer meetings, enablement tools, and collateral
- Represent solutions to customers, industry forums, and other companies; maintain a visible presence within industry to advance Interplay’s position as a thought leader in the Electrical market
- Understands and translate market dynamics for leadership and colleagues.
Who you are:
- SME - Electrical
- Strong network in the Electrical market and/or Trades education space
- Collaborative team player
- Continuous learner with the ability to work in a start-up culture
- 7+ years in a senior manager/leadership role within the Electrical market or Trades education space.
- Demonstrated record of business development and / or sales
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated business analytic, strategic planning, and innovation skills
- Leadership qualities that encourage teaming and trust to influence multiple stakeholders and support sales strategy; ability to influence diverse functional groups to a shared vision and drive execution.
- Understanding of market trends, business drivers, and experiences that engage cross-functional stakeholders within school and workforce Trades training orgs
- Ability to build and lead executive-level business relationships.
- Experience managing direct reports and geographically-distributed teams
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Willing to travel as needed
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you are interested in us, passionate about your work and think you would add value in this role, we encourage you to still apply. We'd love to consider you.
Interplay Learning Ethos:
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together: we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.
- Remote-first culture and flexible hours
- Learning resources and annual learning reimbursement
- Family-friendly policies
- Generous vacation policy includes 3 weeks of PTO, 1 week Winter Break, holidays and sick days
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Mental health and wellness resources
- Virtual/in person social events
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.