Strategic Account Executive (Workforce Development Programs)
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
Since 2016, Austin-based Interplay Learning has been building better training, better careers and better lives for its customers and their employees.
Our award-winning online and VR training for the essential skilled trades, including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Solar, Multi-Family Maintenance and Facilities Maintenance workforces, is scalable and more effective than traditional training methods. By leveraging immersive learning technology, Interplay’s customers are able to train and practice hands-on learning from a desktop, phone, tablet, or in virtual reality. The result is a highly trained employee who is job-ready in weeks, not years.
Our digital experiential learning platform, SkillMill, conveniently turns any space into a training lab with its short video courses, 3D simulations, knowledge checks, coaching, community, and connectivity.
Recent accolades include recognition by Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards in the Education, General Excellence, and On the Rise categories as well as the Built-In Best Places to Work in Austin award.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC’s, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Built-In, Best Midsize Places to Work In Austin 2023
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next “Smartphone,” VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
Position: Strategic Account Executive, WFD
As part of the Education & Workforce Development sales team, the WFD Strategic Account Executive will target, pursue, nurture, and close related accounts.
Ideal candidates would have familiarity working in workforce development segments such as local and regional training programs (adult/youth), apprenticeship, skills-based certification aligned with industry needs, and tapping funding sources such as WIOA and grants.
We are based in Austin, TX but open to 100% remote candidates (work from home, WFH, virtual sales position).
Why this position:
- Mission-driven company with a meaningful product you can feel good about
- Opportunity to make an impact and reap the rewards
- Company committed to professional development
- Supportive and collaborative culture
- Competitive base salary + commission
- High-growth team with strong traction in academic, employer, and workforce development markets
- Flexible work – 100% remote (forever & always) or the option for hybrid if near Austin, TX
What you will sell: EdTech
Help prepare the next generation of skilled workers with SkillMill™, the world's leading Skilled Trades training platform. Digital training simulations and VR develop on-the-job skills quickly and efficiently, preparing learners for better careers and better lives in these essential occupations.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage expertise and relationships to drive our WFD strategy and marketshare
- Build and manage a book of business through outbound prospecting as well as inbound leads
- Actively manage the sales process, including prospecting, building relationships, nurturing contacts, product demos, and closing sales
- Set sales targets and specific performance metrics, aligned with business strategies across various WFD segments (e.g. libraries, employers, community-based upskilling and reskilling) and industry trends (grant distribution, local & regional needs)
- Generate innovative ideas to support customers and boost brand awareness
- Continuously develop your knowledge of our product, industry, and sales process
- Individual contributor (there are no management responsibilities in this role)
Who you are:
- Positive, genuine, and collaborative - culture first
- Enthusiasm and passion for the education space and products
- Patient with a sense of urgency
- Commitment to an exceptional customer experience
- 3+ years proven success selling into WFD programs
- Familiarity working with workforce development programs and following funding or working with partners using funding - WIOA, grants, etc.
- Experience responding to grant opportunities, directly or with a partner
- Experience negotiating and executing multi-year contracts
- Bonus points for experience with Skilled Trades
- If chosen for the next step in the interview process, we will ask you to record a one-way video interview to introduce yourself!
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you are interested in us, passionate about your work and think you would add value in this role, we encourage you to still apply. We'd love to consider you.
Interplay Learning Ethos:
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together: we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.
- Remote-first culture and flexible hours
- Learning resources and annual learning reimbursement
- Family-friendly policies
- Generous vacation policy includes 3 weeks of PTO, 1 week Winter Break, holidays and sick days
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Mental health and wellness resources
- Virtual/in person social events
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Something looks off?