Implementation Project Manager (SaaS)
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
Since 2016, Austin-based Interplay Learning has been building better training, better careers and better lives for its customers and their employees.
Our award-winning online and VR training for the essential skilled trades, including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Solar, Multi-Family Maintenance and Facilities Maintenance workforces, is scalable and more effective than traditional training methods. By leveraging immersive learning technology, Interplay’s customers are able to train and practice hands-on learning from a desktop, phone, tablet, or in virtual reality. The result is a highly trained employee who is job-ready in weeks, not years.
Our digital experiential learning platform, SkillMill, conveniently turns any space into a training lab with its short video courses, 3D simulations, knowledge checks, coaching, community, and connectivity.
Recent accolades include recognition by Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards in the Education, General Excellence, and On the Rise categories as well as the Built-In Best Places to Work in Austin award.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC’s, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Built-In, Best Midsize Places to Work In Austin 2023
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next “Smartphone,” VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
Position: Implementation Project Manager, Education
As part of the Customer Success team, the Implementation Project Manager will lead educational institutions through onboarding and implementation of their courses and process.
This implementation role supports end users to ensure they are fully adopting and integrating our courses in connection with our platform, as well as 3rd party Learning Management Systems (LMS). This role will also provide technical support and onboarding assistance to the users of our SaaS learning platform while managing a smooth transition to our Account Management team for continued service and use.
This particular role will be well versed in SCORM/LTI and integration with Learning Management Systems.
Candidates local to Austin preferred (employee-led hybrid schedule). However, we will consider 100% remote candidates!
What you'll do:
- Work closely with new customers to implement new courses and processes into their LMS platforms, including configuration, information workflow, training new users, go-live support and best practices optimization.
- Manage the technical and project management portions of onboarding new customers.
- Understand customer use cases and provide guidance on how Interplay Learning courses can be leveraged to meet and exceed these goals.
- Operate cross-functionally throughout the organization, communicating customer needs and project objectives to ensure a successful implementation.
- Work closely with Account Management team during onboarding and culminating in a successful handoff when the implementation has been completed but not limited to creating handoff documentation, resources and customer feedback.
- Upload and test course content while assisting learners with course assignments, access, and completion.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with customers and stakeholders (verbally and in writing).
- Recognize and report trends in issues that may appear when it comes to SCORM/LTI integrations with customer Learning Management Systems. This includes providing feedback on usage, bugs, and suggested enhancements to our LMS integrations to the Product team.
Who you are:
- Well-versed in implementation, project management, and training methodologies with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Patient and effective communicator
- Works well in a client facing role, good presentation skills
- Highly organized, ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Comfortable with a fast pace, without compromising quality work
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: Jira, Zoom, Hubspot (or similar CRM and ticketing system), Stripe, Chargebee, PostgreSQL, Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle or other virtual learning tools
- 3+ years experience in implementation/project management in a SaaS environment
- Start-up experience a plus
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with LMS systems
- Knowledge of SCORM communication protocols
- Industry acumen (learning and development)
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you are interested in us, passionate about your work and think you would add value in this role, we encourage you to still apply. We'd love to consider you.
Interplay Learning Ethos:
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together: we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.
- Remote-first culture and flexible hours
- Learning resources and annual learning reimbursement
- Family-friendly policies
- Generous vacation policy includes 3 weeks of PTO, 1 week Winter Break, holidays and sick days
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Mental health and wellness resources
- Virtual/in person social events
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Something looks off?