Strategy and Operations Associate
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
Since 2016, Austin-based Interplay Learning has been building better training, better careers and better lives for its customers and their employees.
Our award-winning online and VR training for the essential skilled trades, including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Solar, Multi-Family Maintenance and Facilities Maintenance workforces, is scalable and more effective than traditional training methods. By leveraging immersive learning technology, Interplay’s customers are able to train and practice hands-on learning from a desktop, phone, tablet, or in virtual reality. The result is a highly trained employee who is job-ready in weeks, not years.
Our digital experiential learning platform, SkillMill, conveniently turns any space into a training lab with its short video courses, 3D simulations, knowledge checks, coaching, community, and connectivity.
Recent accolades include recognition by Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards in the Education, General Excellence, and On the Rise categories as well as the Built-In Best Places to Work in Austin award.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC’s, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Built-In, Best Midsize Places to Work In Austin 2023
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next “Smartphone,” VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
Position: Strategy and Operations Associate
As a Strategy and Operations Associate on the Strategic Growth team, you will be a key part of strategic analysis and decisions at Interplay. Reporting to the Senior Director of Growth and working alongside key functional leaders across the business, including the CEO, you will be a fundamental contributor as we scale through our next stage of growth.
Additionally, Interplay’s Data Analyst will report into the Strategy and Operations Associate.
This position is flexible in terms of location. Individuals may utilize Interplay’s Austin-based office or remain 100% remote.
Why this position:
- Meaningful, impactful projects
- Mission-driven company
- Dive into the exciting challenges of VR, AI and 3D design
What you'll do:
- Assist in building and refining the strategic vision and roadmap for Interplay, identifying and evaluating whitespace expansion and business model growth opportunities
- Lead highly visible cross-functional strategic initiatives, leading scoping efforts and securing stakeholder alignment and sharing directly with executive leadership
- Manage research projects focused on new market entry, competitive analysis, etc., leading efforts to synthesize and communicate findings
- Lead operational experiments and implementation focused on key parts of the business: pricing, churn, sales, etc.
- Support strategic partnerships that unlock growth potential in core markets
- Assist with one-off special projects, including board meeting preparation, fundraising efforts, sales proposals, etc.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of management consulting, investment banking or startup business operations experience
- Solid analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, high growth, constantly changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills
- Experience using SQL or willingness to learn is a plus
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you are interested in us, passionate about your work and think you would add value in this role, we encourage you to still apply. We'd love to consider you.
Interplay Learning Ethos:
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together: we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.
- Remote-first culture and flexible hours
- Learning resources and annual learning reimbursement
- Family-friendly policies
- Generous vacation policy includes 3 weeks of PTO, 1 week Winter Break, holidays and sick days
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Mental health and wellness resources
- Virtual/in person social events
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Something looks off?