Sr Account Manager - Customer Success
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
Since 2016, Austin-based Interplay Learning has been building better training, better careers and better lives for its customers and their employees.
Our award-winning online and VR training for the essential skilled trades, including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Solar, Multi-Family Maintenance and Facilities Maintenance workforces, is scalable and more effective than traditional training methods. By leveraging immersive learning technology, Interplay’s customers are able to train and practice hands-on learning from a desktop, phone, tablet, or in virtual reality. The result is a highly trained employee who is job-ready in weeks, not years.
Our digital experiential learning platform, SkillMill, conveniently turns any space into a training lab with its short video courses, 3D simulations, knowledge checks, coaching, community, and connectivity.
Recent accolades include recognition by Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards in the Education, General Excellence, and On the Rise categories as well as the Built-In Best Places to Work in Austin award.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC’s, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Built-In, Best Midsize Places to Work In Austin 2023
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next “Smartphone,” VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
Position: Senior Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM)
Senior Account Managers (SAM) on the Customer Success team are core to the ongoing success of Interplay’s mid-market (MM) customers. Our SAMs support Interplay’s portfolio of mid-market customers once implementation and onboarding is completed with a variety of roles including support with platform utilization, communications about product updates, renewals and expansions.
This role is perfect for a person who is experienced in Customer Success, thrives in ambiguity, loves creative problem-solving individually and with a team, and wants to make an impact at a rapidly growing SaaS start-up.
Candidates local to Austin preferred (employee-led hybrid schedule). However, we will consider 100% remote candidates!
What you’ll do:
- Own a mid-market book of business spanning various skilled trades industries including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Facilities Maintenance, and Multi-Family
- Manage and foster relationships, product adoption and growth with POCs including Training and L&D leaders, Heads of Maintenance and Senior Leadership
- Drive customer retention, renewals, and expansion opportunities into existing accounts with strong forecast and funnel management process
- Conduct outreach and data driven check-ins with current mid-market customers to support product adoption and cultivate expansion opportunities, case studies, and thought leadership
- Design strategies for customer product utilization and drive customer value, including learning plan recommendations, product feature utilization recommendations, and reporting recommendations
- Analyze customer data to provide customer recommendations through check-ins and business reviews
- Provide product training and problem-solving assistance to customers
- Become an expert at connecting customer needs to Interplay capabilities
- Learn about the skill trade field and the rapidly evolving training needs
- Supports and is comfortable leading Customer Success team improvement and growth initiatives
- Participate in special projects and assignments to help improve the product and customer experience
- Utilize SaaS platforms, such as ChurnZero, HubSpot, and Pendo, to track and manage customers
- Learn about a rapidly growing SaaS organization
Who you are:
- Thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly adapting environment
- Comfortable managing ambiguity, able to create your own clarity
- Interest and experience in proactive phone and email engagement
- Superb communicator and presenter with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization, up to the C-suite
- Curious and active listen who is able to build rapport quickly
- Comfortable with technical tools and SaaS products to maximize efficiency
- Ability to initiate a conversation, communicate value and handle objections
- Smart and engaging email copywriter
- Highly organized, ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Self-starter, able to see an opportunity, problem-solve, and make it happen
- Team player and passionate customer advocate
- Comfortable taking on leadership roles on the Customer Success team
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing role, ideally in the SaaS world
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- If your profile looks like a potential match, for the next step we will ask you to record a one-way, video intro (a link with instructions will be sent).
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without stipulations and be residents of the United States.
- Experience with CRMs such as HubSpot and ChurnZero
- Experience managing customer renewals
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you are interested in us, passionate about your work and think you would add value in this role, we encourage you to still apply. We'd love to consider you.
Interplay Learning Ethos:
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together: we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.
- Remote-first culture and flexible hours
- Learning resources and annual learning reimbursement
- Family-friendly policies
- Generous vacation policy includes 3 weeks of PTO, 1 week Winter Break, holidays and sick days
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Mental health and wellness resources
- Virtual/in person social events
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.