Director of Demand Generation
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
Since 2016, Austin-based Interplay Learning has been building better training, better careers and better lives for its customers and their employees.
Our award-winning online and VR training for the essential skilled trades, including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Solar, Multi-Family Maintenance and Facilities Maintenance workforces, is scalable and more effective than traditional training methods. By leveraging immersive learning technology, Interplay’s customers are able to train and practice hands-on learning from a desktop, phone, tablet, or in virtual reality. The result is a highly trained employee who is job-ready in weeks, not years.
Our digital experiential learning platform, SkillMill, conveniently turns any space into a training lab with its short video courses, 3D simulations, knowledge checks, coaching, community, and connectivity.
Recent accolades include recognition by Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards in the Education, General Excellence, and On the Rise categories as well as the Built-In Best Places to Work in Austin award.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC’s, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Built-In, Best Midsize Places to Work In Austin 2023
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next “Smartphone,” VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
Position: Director of Demand Generation
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Director of Demand Generation will be responsible for driving growth. This strategic role requires an individual with strong leadership skills who can work cross-functionally and determine how to best reach, educate, nurture and drive action with our target buyer personas. This individual will own all aspects of demand generation marketing, working closely with members of the leadership, sales, and marketing teams, and managing a team of campaign, operations, and general marketing members.
This can be a fully remote position or hybrid/employee led if you are local to Austin, TX.
Why this position:
- Meaningful, impactful work
- Mission-driven company
- Passionate, collaborative team
- Drive business growth and customer loyalty
- Innovative product - EdTech, VR, AI
What You’ll Do:
- Devise and implement data-led acquisition strategies for Interplay, optimizing every part of the sales funnel
- Own the net-new revenue generation strategies by identifying and scaling paid and unpaid digital acquisition channels, including: PPC, social (paid & unpaid), partnerships & affiliates, SEO, content, email and more.
- Lead the campaign teams to make creative and strategic roadmaps that translate high level strategies into comprehensive tactics
- Own the budget and metrics, and foster an understanding of our efforts through great internal reporting and sharing of results
- Collaborate with finance on the Unit Economics as it relates to marketing ROI and advise on results accordingly
- Uncover creative, non-traditional and new methods of acquiring users
- Build and execute brand and competitive positioning strategy
- Test and implement offline marketing campaigns
- Continue to build, lead and recruit the growth team
- Develop collaborative partnerships across the organization to identify, launch and refine demand generation strategies
- Establish internal processes to optimize conversion. Get to the root of issues and blockers and then intelligently implement tools and technologies to get the job done (technology is not a panacea for problems, so a deep understanding of the core challenges and constraints is always critical)
- Set a tone of high standards, customer obsession and data driven disciplined decision-making.
- Analyze, report and optimize all demand generation programs based on ROI and demand gen and sales effectiveness.
Who You Are:
- A data obsessed strategic thinker who loves to solve complex problems with creative solutions
- A mentor who wants to serve some of the brightest minds in growth marketing
- A free thinker who is willing to share bold ideas and develop a test-and-learn culture
- 7+ years of Demand Generation, Growth Marketing, or Digital Marketing experience, specifically focused on driving net-new revenue
- 5+years of Marketing Operations experience (CRM maintenance, marketing automation, reporting, analytics, and tech stack management)
- 5+ years of paid media experience (Paid Search & Social - programmatic experience a plus)
- 3+ years of brand management or brand awareness tactics
- A strong understanding of social media trends and tactics for B2B SaaS
- A strong understanding of full-funnel conversions and delivering a great user experience from first touch
- A proven track record of delivering successful strategies and business-winning tactics
- Fundamental knowledge of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization)
- Must be able to project manage both self and collaborative initiatives
- A love of data and can analyze a marketing funnel; you can identify and size different growth opportunities and the various ways to meet them
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without stipulations and be residents of the United States.
Pay: $145,000-$165,000 (all in compensation; there is no bonus offered with this position)
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you are interested in us, passionate about your work and think you would add value in this role, we encourage you to still apply. We'd love to consider you.
Interplay Learning Ethos:
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together: we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.
- Remote-first culture and flexible hours
- Learning resources and annual learning reimbursement
- Family-friendly policies
- Generous vacation policy includes 3 weeks of PTO, 1 week Winter Break, holidays and sick days
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Mental health and wellness resources
- Virtual/in person social events
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.