Office Manager (Part-time, Hourly)
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
Since 2016, Austin-based Interplay Learning has been building better training, better careers and better lives for its customers and their employees.
Our award-winning online and VR training for the essential skilled trades, including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Solar, Multi-Family Maintenance and Facilities Maintenance workforces, is scalable and more effective than traditional training methods. By leveraging immersive learning technology, Interplay’s customers are able to train and practice hands-on learning from a desktop, phone, tablet, or in virtual reality. The result is a highly trained employee who is job-ready in weeks, not years.
Our digital experiential learning platform, SkillMill, conveniently turns any space into a training lab with its short video courses, 3D simulations, knowledge checks, coaching, community, and connectivity.
Recent accolades include recognition by Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards in the Education, General Excellence, and On the Rise categories as well as the Built-In Best Places to Work in Austin award.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC’s, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Built-In, Best Midsize Places to Work In Austin 2023
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next “Smartphone,” VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
Position: Office Manager (Part-time, Hourly)
Position Overview: We are seeking a highly organized and motivated, part-time (around 20 hours/week) Office Manager to join our team. The Office Manager will report to the Director of People and be responsible for handling day-to-day office tasks, coordinating team-building events (virtual and in-person), and providing light executive assistant support to the CEO.
This role requires the candidate to be onsite at our Austin office (1717 W 6th St, Austin, TX 78703), 4 days a week (M-Th). Morning hours 9am-12pm (somewhat flexible). This role is not eligible for Company Benefits due to the nature of employment (part-time).
Why this position:
- Mission-driven company
- Opportunity to make an impact
- Fast-growing team
- A company committed to professional development
- Culture that supports innovation, openness and fun
- Austin, TX based start-up (local candidates only, no relocation offered at this time)
Who you are:
- Team-player with a positive attitude
- Adaptable with the ability to think on your feet
- Continuous learner and problem solver
- Comfortable being a go-to resource
- Manage day-to-day office operations, including maintaining office supplies, handling mail, and ensuring a clean and organized workspace
- Coordinate and plan company happy hours and other team-building events (virtual and in-person)
- Provide light executive assistant support to the CEO, including scheduling meetings, managing travel arrangements, and assisting with other administrative tasks as needed
- Serve as the main point of contact for office-related inquiries and issues
- Assist with onboarding new employees and managing office policies and procedures
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure smooth office operations and a positive work environment
- Interest in part-time work (approximately12-20 hours/week), paid hourly. Please note this position is not eligible for company benefits.
- Availability to be onsite in the Austin office two days a week
- Proven experience in office management, administrative support, or a similar role
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other office management tools
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and tasks
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without stipulations and be residents of the United States.
- If your application looks like a match, we will send you instructions to record a video to introduce yourself.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you are interested in us, passionate about your work and think you would add value in this role, we encourage you to still apply. We'd love to consider you.
Interplay Learning Ethos:
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together: we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.
- Remote-first culture and flexible hours
- Learning resources and annual learning reimbursement
- Family-friendly policies
- Generous vacation policy includes 3 weeks of PTO, 1 week Winter Break, holidays and sick days
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Mental health and wellness resources
- Virtual/in person social events
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.