Account Executive (B2B SaaS, Remote)
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
Since 2016, Austin-based Interplay Learning has been building better training, better careers and better lives for its customers and their employees.
Our award-winning online and VR training for the essential skilled trades, including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Solar, Multi-Family Maintenance and Facilities Maintenance workforces, is scalable and more effective than traditional training methods. By leveraging immersive learning technology, Interplay’s customers are able to train and practice hands-on learning from a desktop, phone, tablet, or in virtual reality. The result is a highly trained employee who is job-ready in weeks, not years.
Our digital experiential learning platform, SkillMill, conveniently turns any space into a training lab with its short video courses, 3D simulations, knowledge checks, coaching, community, and connectivity.
Recent accolades include recognition by Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards in the Education, General Excellence, and On the Rise categories as well as the Built-In Best Places to Work in Austin award.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC’s, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Built-In, Best Midsize Places to Work In Austin 2023
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next “Smartphone,” VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
Position: Direct Account Executive
As a Direct Account Executive, you will be responsible for driving sales and revenue growth by acquiring new business within your target market. This position focuses mostly on SMB accounts and some mid-market.
You'll work closely with potential clients, understanding their needs, and proposing solutions that align with our SaaS offering. Your role will involve building strong relationships, conducting demos, and managing the sales cycle from lead generation to close.
What you will sell: B2B SaaS, EdTech
Help prepare the next generation of skilled workers with SkillMill™, the world's leading skilled trades training platform. Digital training simulations and VR develop on-the-job skills quickly and efficiently, building better careers and better lives for the essential skilled trades.
We are based in Austin, TX but open to 100% remote candidates (work from home, WFH, virtual sales position)
Why this position:
- Mission-driven company with a meaningful product you can feel good about
- Wide open opportunity to make an impact and reap the rewards
- Cutting-edge technology and unique product offering
- Inbound lead flow
- Flexible work – 100% remote (forever & always) or the option for hybrid if near Austin, TX
What you’ll do:
- Handle the sales process from initial product demo to close working with both inbound leads and outbound prospecting.
- Conduct engaging and informative product demos with key stakeholders including middle management and C-level leadership.
- Manage the entire sales cycle, including contract negotiation, proposal development, and closing deals in a timely manner while meeting revenue targets.
- Plan your day and prioritize tasks based on your existing pipeline, demos on your calendar, and follow-up calls.
- Develop a strong knowledge base of the industries we work in including governmental programs, associations, and trades groups.
- Occasionally attend industry conferences.
Who you are:
- Enthusiasm and passion for the industry and product
- Positive, genuine and collaborative
- Continuous learner
- Patient with a sense of urgency
- 1+ years of experience in a B2B sales role; SaaS experience required
- History of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Ability to handle conversations with c-level leadership
- Skilled trades industry experience a plus
- Limited travel – less than 10% including conferences and onsite demos
- Software/Technology: Hubspot, MS Office, G Suite, Slack, etc.
- If chosen for the next step in the interview process, we will ask you to record a one-way video interview to introduce yourself
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without stipulations and be residents of the United States.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you are interested in us, passionate about your work and think you would add value in this role, we encourage you to still apply. We'd love to consider you.
Interplay Learning Ethos:
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together: we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.
- Remote-first culture and flexible hours
- Learning resources and annual learning reimbursement
- Family-friendly policies
- Generous vacation policy includes 3 weeks of PTO, 1 week Winter Break, holidays and sick days
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Mental health and wellness resources
- Virtual/in person social events
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.