Account Director (Customer Success, B2B SaaS)
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
Since 2016, Austin-based Interplay Learning has been building better training, better careers and better lives for its customers and their employees.
Our award-winning online and VR training for the essential skilled trades, including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Solar, Multi-Family Maintenance and Facilities Maintenance workforces, is scalable and more effective than traditional training methods. By leveraging immersive learning technology, Interplay’s customers are able to train and practice hands-on learning from a desktop, phone, tablet, or in virtual reality. The result is a highly trained employee who is job-ready in weeks, not years.
Our digital experiential learning platform, SkillMill, conveniently turns any space into a training lab with its short video courses, 3D simulations, knowledge checks, coaching, community, and connectivity.
Recent accolades include recognition by Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards in the Education, General Excellence, and On the Rise categories as well as the Built-In Best Places to Work in Austin award.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC’s, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Built-In, Best Midsize Places to Work In Austin 2023 & 2024
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next “Smartphone,” VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
Position: Account Director
The Account Director plays a strategic role on the Customer Success (CS) team and serves as a customer voice and advocate. You know your client’s business strategy in and out, drive renewals and expansions, and ultimately influence a world class customer experience.
Our product: B2B, help prepare the next generation of skilled workers with SkillMill™, the world's leading skilled trades training platform. Digital training simulations and VR develop on-the-job skills quickly and efficiently, building better careers and better lives for the essential skilled trades.
We are based in Austin, TX but open to 100% remote candidates (work from home, WFH, virtual)
Why this position:
- Mission-driven company with a meaningful product you can feel good about
- Cutting-edge technology and unique product offering
- Opportunity to make an impact with a clear path for growth
- Supportive and collaborative culture
- Personal and professional growth
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for overall Enterprise client account health and satisfaction, driving retention and expansions
- Studies and measures customer usage of the Interplay learning platform, identify success stories, share best practices, mitigate against risks identified
- Manages year over year client renewals (unless named account w/Sales), and partners with sales team on overall expansion strategies
- Prepares and leads data driven quarterly business reviews with an emphasis on the value Interplay brings to the overall client business objectives
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing and Sales on client initiatives
- Work with CS implementation team when new opportunities are being implemented, striving for a seamless client experience
Who you are:
- Eager to build, nurture customer relationships
- A storyteller, seeks opportunities to upsell, cross-sell
- Strategic yet tactical, ability to execute
- Highly organized, ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Eager to learn and provide immediate impact
- An expert at relationship building
- 5+ years experience in an Account Director or Senior Account Manager role
- SaaS background, particularly with B2B customers
- A track record of close partnership with the senior leaders of an organization, influencing business decisions and strategy
- Proven successful track record leading, managing, and upselling with a defined customer portfolio
- We will ask you to record a one-way video interview if your application looks like a potential match (response with instructions will be sent)
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without stipulations and be residents of the United States
Pay: $105-110k base salary + up to 10% bonus + up to $10k commission/variable
Interplay Learning Ethos:
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together: we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.
- Remote-first culture and flexible hours
- Learning resources and annual learning reimbursement
- Family-friendly policies
- Generous vacation policy includes 3 weeks of PTO, 1 week Winter Break, holidays and sick days
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Mental health and wellness resources
- Virtual/in person social events
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.