Senior Network Operations Lead, Global
At Lineage, the aim is not to build the largest IT group; instead, we are creating a small, highly-skilled team that focuses on having right mix of talents, skills, and the capacity to learn in areas that define our core differentiation. We then leverage cloud services, best-of-breed technologies, and external teams to augment our capabilities with sufficient capacity. This means that in addition to being a great architect, an ideal candidate will need to be able to review and collaborate with others - both internal and external - to ensure that we are collectively able to deliver.
As a company, Lineage builds state-of-the-art systems to make our employees productive, to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations, to assist in our growth, and to create an operating platform that enables Lineage to achieve its vision of transforming the food supply chain. This is one of the most critical roles in that journey, and it will require someone who has a true passion for technology.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and support of Lineage Logistics on premise and Cloud network infrastructure.
- Lead Network-related projects from idea generation through implementation including needs analysis, cost/benefit, selection, implementation, knowledge transfer and support.
- Pursue innovation and continuous improvement in relation to Lineage Logistics on premise and Cloud network infrastructure that enhances security, efficiency, scalability, availability, durability, and maintainability.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of critical network issues and security events.
- Collaborate with others to solve complex problems and resolve technological disagreement with informed, rational, practical solutions.
- Mentor and provide guidance to other technical resources.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
Education and Work Experience
- University degree in computer science or Information Systems, and/or >15 years of relevant work experience.
- 15 years’ experience with LAN/WAN routing and switching, Wireless, Firewalls / Security, Load-balancing, VPN, and MPLS.
- 10 years’ experience with enterprise SDWAN and Cloud Networking (Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud).
- Experience supporting production operations in challenging physical environments.
- Experience leading network engineering teams including contract and MSP resources.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep understanding of Cisco/Meraki Routing, Switching, and Wireless, Palo Alto Firewalls, F5 Load balancing, AWS VPCs and Transit Gateways, and VeloCloud SDWAN.
- Ability to develop roadmaps, technology qualification, and design standards.
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities.
- Experience with network security tools such as next generation firewalls and IDS/IPS.
- Strong scripting skills and experience with Infrastructure as Code.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong vendor management skills.
- Handle multiple assignments/projects simultaneously.
- Possess a willingness to be coached and proactively seek feedback.
- Ask for help and provide it to others.
- Maintain personal accountability for getting things done on time and with quality results.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts to business leaders.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time as required.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.