Driver Helper- 4 Day Work Week
Hours vary but start times would be sometime between 9pm-3am
4 day work week some 5 day weeks for more pay
35% of Route Earnings / approx. $800-$1000 Weekly / $15 Hourly Offer Pay
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use a hand cart and or pallet jack to safely unload product from the truck or trailer into establishment
- Assist in picking up backhauls as directed
- Remove product from trucks and deliver to customer at their desired location (i.e. freezer, cooler).
- Interact with customers to resolve delivery issues
- Always maintain positive customer relations
- Operate a handheld scanning device to confirm order accuracy
- Complete necessary paperwork for customer billing
- Occasionally enter assigned locations during off hours to deliver product by following outlined security procedures
- Assisting in the safe operation of the vehicle including but not limited to assisting the driver in dismounting when crossing railroad tracks, assisting when the driver has to turn the vehicle around in a busy highway, entering or emerging from a driveway with the use of flags or flares
- Clean out vehicles at the end of route
- Ensure safety, timeliness, and accuracy of all role requirements
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- High school diploma with a minimum of three (3) months in a related driver’s helper or delivery role; related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly verbally with customers
- Ability to work independently
- Good computer skills including MS Office (excel, word, outlook)
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time with extensive bending/lifting of product up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to reach, walk and climb in and out of vehicles; will perform duties in truck as well as at various customer locations including kitchen areas
- Will occasionally be exposed to fumes and vehicle engine noise
- Will travel with driver and be exposed to normal driving conditions
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.