Lead Product Designer
You’ll play a key, strategic role in managing and addressing complex problems, requirements and constraints, and helping teams translate them into clean, intuitive, people-friendly experiences that directly benefit and impact our team members, customers and business outcomes. Together, we’ll solve real problems for real people, in the best possible ways and moments. You’ll be:
Providing hands-on design leadership, and serve on the design leadership team
Mentoring, challenging and helping develop more junior designers and team members
Serving as a domain expert and partnering closely with cross-functional team leads (e.g., Product, Engineering, Data Science, QA)
Synthesizing and distilling complex and critical user and business needs into holistic, customer-focused experiences and solutions
Facilitating collaborative, cross-functional working sessions and design thinking activities, helping to unify teams and drive alignment
Helping to lead discovery, definition and prioritization activities to identify opportunities and influence product roadmaps
Upholding research and testing activities; and helping to analyze and translate findings
Designing maps, flows, wireframes, rapid prototypes and high-fidelity comps
Collaborating to establish and support DesignOps
Evangelizing and advancing Design at Lineage
At Lineage, our values of Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold and Servant Leadership mirror who we are and how we act. Together, we’ll help solve real problems for real people, in the best possible ways for the best possible moments.
This is a full-time remote position, based in North America.
You and Your Experience
- 7-10 years of design, design direction and shipping multiple web and mobile end-to-end experiences in fast-paced, cross-functional environments that deliver iteratively and incrementally
- Effective discernment, critical thinking, judgment, creative problem-solving and decision-making skills (e.g., experience identifying and escalating risks or blockers early and offering solutions)
- Participation in recruiting and interviewing activities for new talent
- Hands-on examples of driving customer and business outcomes through: design and systems thinking; accessible, user-centered design principles/standards; and tasteful visual design
- Expert proficiency and efficiency with industry-standard design tools (e.g., Figma) and processes, guiding and executing with limited oversight
- Facilitation of collaborative workshops and discussions; and conducting and analyzing research and testing activities
- Excellent listening, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills that bring light, clarity, alignment and understanding (written, visual and verbal) across stakeholders
- Organized, responsible and self-directed with a continuous improvement mindset
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Past work designing business and customer-facing products and experiences for global audiences
- Experience advising, developing and contributing to design systems and standards
- Experience co-owning products, shared responsibilities and outcomes
- Evaluating the work of others (e.g., design, content, development), and providing actionable and effective feedback
- Supply chain and/or 3PL warehouse-related experiences
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.