IT Business Analyst / Project Manager
This role is a key “trusted advisor” role for the business D2C business area which will collaboratively work with business area stakeholders, internal IT stakeholders, and external IT partners to define and implement solutions (large and small) for the D2C business unit.
The D2C IT BA/PM should bring a broad knowledge of IT solutions and the e-commerce business in order to help guide and define solutions, get buy-in from all the stakeholders, and see the solutions executed with good quality in a timely manner. After implementation the BA/PM will ensure the application is properly maintained, issues are handled and resolved, and any new demand from the business area is managed.
- Maintains and develops internal business relationships and IT relationships to learn and influence the various key business and IT stakeholders.
- Partners with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document requirements/needs and drives solutions to solve those needs.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Determines software solutions or configurations by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Works with executive and senior leaders to create and maintain an operating plan to achieve the strategic vision and operating platform that defines the people, processes, tools, and technology.
- Provides internal support for evaluation of needed system functionality in existing and proposed applications to ensure solutions are optimized for quality and ongoing support.
- Analyzes, documents and tests program development, logic, process flows and specifications.
- Coordinates with business areas to ensure proper testing, documentation, and training for solutions.
- Lead cross-functional IT projects from initiation to closure, ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Define project scope, objectives, and deliverables, and create detailed project plans.
- Manage project resources, timelines, and risks, and communicate progress to stakeholders regularly.
- Helps to ensure proper support and maintenance for IT systems are in place and participates in major incident management processes.
- Helps to ensure proper licensing agreements are in place for COTS/SaaS application, cost are managed properly, and renewals are timely.
- Helps to ensure proper SOX controls and security protocols are in place for systems within the D2C division.
- Working knowledge/experience with an Order Management (or Distributed Order Management [DOM]) systems for D2C order managment.
- Working knowledge/experience with a Warehouse Management System [WMS] for a D2C warehouse.
- System implementation experience.
- Able to understand business functionality (distribution business preferred) and translate it into application requirements.
- Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations.
- Excellent understanding and experience with managing business complexity, project interdependencies, and organization change.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products.
- Ability to partner with software engineers and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions.
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum, Waterfall).
- 5+ years of IT experience as a BA or PM
- 5+ years of Business experience in e-commerce/D2C (logistics experience a plus)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business area; MBA a plus
Senior Individual Contributor
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.