Lead WMS Developer
At Lineage, the aim is not to build the largest technology team; instead, we are creating a small, highly-skilled group that focuses on having right mix of talents, skills, and the capacity to learn in areas that define our core differentiation. We leverage cloud services, best-of-breed libraries and components, and external teams to augment our capabilities with sufficient capacity. This means that in addition to being a hands-on technologist, you also need to be able to review and collaborate with internal and external partners to deliver.
As a company, Lineage builds state-of-the-art systems to make our employees productive, to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations, to assist in our growth, and to create a technology platform that enables Lineage to achieve its vision of transforming the food supply chain. This is a critical role in that journey, and it will require someone who has a true passion for software development in the logistics space.
- Work with a team of internal and external resources to enhance and improve a differentiated warehouse management system
- Make sound technical design and architectural decisions
- Help ensure the warehouse management system operates well as part of a broader platform of warehouse-centric applications
- Participate in the creation of software by not only directly contributing code but also providing direction and oversight to others
- Frequently collaborate with other technology teams, product management team members, data scientists, subject matter experts, and devops personnel to solve complex problems and resolve disagreement with informed, rational, and practical solutions
- Help investigate and resolve critical issue escalations
- Actively engage in the rollout of new software features and capabilities
- Mentor and provide guidance especially to other technical resources
- Grow a broad and deep knowledge of supply chain operations and associated technologies
- Travel occasionally [domestically] to meet with other team members and support rollouts
Education and Work Experience:
- University degree in computer science / software engineering and/or >8 years of relevant work experience
- 6+ years of hands-on software engineering - ideally full stack development
- Working familiarity with the following languages is highly preferred: SQL, Node.js, React
- Use of automated testing
- Previous exposure to and/or use of supply chain technologies including WMS, TMS, YMS, or related systems is preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Possess a willingness to be coached and proactively seek feedback
- Handle multiple assignments / projects simultaneously
- Properly set priority and order for work
- Work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Ask for help and provide it to others
- Understand your skills and your talents and apply them appropriately
- Learn and apply new technologies and business concepts
- Maintain personal accountability for getting things done on time and with quality results
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts to business leaders
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.