ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Plan, implement, and oversee overall accounting strategy.
- Oversee daily accounting operations.
- Coordinate the monthly general ledger close processes including review and approval of staff journal entries and account reconciliations. Ensure the timely completion and accuracy of all closing aspects.
- Responsible for producing financial statements. Coordinate information needed for bank compliance reporting. Ability to provide ad hoc analysis and reporting as requested from senior management.
- Take leadership role in accounting for, and implementation of new acquisitions in our global ledger.
- Supervise fixed asset system and construction in process accounting. Ensure compliance with capitalization policy and processes.
- Supervise the daily posting of cash transactions on all ledger systems.
- Administer accounting policies in accordance with GAAP. Must be able to identify and implement improvement opportunities within control environment (i.e., continuous improvement).
- Establish consistent and standardized accounting policies. Ability to investigate, research and conclude on accounting issues. Ability to recognize risks and raise issues to executive leadership.
- Assist external reporting team with annual audits.
- Recruit, hire, train, and develop a team of professional accounting staff with varied experience levels.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with Treasury, Field Finance and FP&A teams.
- Special projects department wide as necessary.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- CPA required with bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Six to eight years of accounting and leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting
- Must have a strong knowledge of multi-ledger & multi-divisional accounting including intercompany accounting across a multitude of legal entities
- Proficiency in process improvement and transformational opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience with accounting software and databases
- International and multi-currency knowledge preferred
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MS Office suite proficient
- Project management experience a plus
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.