Senior Accountant, Lineage Foundation for Good
The Foundation is seeking a dynamic, organized, and detail-oriented Senior Accountant who will be responsible for all the Foundation’s accounting related activities spanning from the day-to-day normal functions to being a strategic business partner with the Controller, CFO, President and Operational Team as the Foundation continues to expand in size and complexity. The ideal candidate must have strong general ledger accounting skills, which includes a solid understanding of non-for-profit GAAP principles to ensure accurate recording of assets, liabilities, revenue, and expenses. The Senior Accountant must have excellent communication skills and be a team player as they will work closely with cross-functional teams in relation to all activities of the Foundation.
- Complete all normal day-to-day functions of accounting.
- Perform monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables, which includes journal entries, accruals, and financial statement analysis in compliance with non-for-profit GAAP.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations and workpapers ensuring accounts balance to supporting documentation and general ledger.
- Maintain detailed records of donor-designated fund and various other accounting related compliance requirements.
- Support the Foundation’s operation team to ensure all new programs and activities are accounted for properly.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Analyze and problem solve all facets of non-for-profit accounting to ensure accurate reporting of the Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities, Statement of Functional Expenses (by program) and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Coordinate the year-end external audit, prepare the financial statements and all required supporting documents.
- Support the preparation of the Foundation’s 990.
- Collaborate with the Foundation’s operational team and various other stakeholders to develop the annual budget and quarterly variance and forecast updates.
- Prepare supporting schedules for the quarterly Board and Finance/Audit Committee meetings.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities within governance and control environment (i.e., continuous improvement mindset).
- Additional accounting responsibilities for either the Foundation and/or Lineage as required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA preferred.
- 4+ years of non-for-profit accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of non-for-profit GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting
- Ability to work independently while handling multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in process improvement and transformational opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience with accounting software and databases
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- MS Office suite proficient
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.