Customer Care Representative
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Supervisor, Customer Service
Shift : Monday to Friday - 8:30 am to 5 pm
Office/Facility: Côte-de-Liesse, Ville Saint Laurent
Plays a lead role on the regional customer service team in scheduling customer appointments, data entry of customer order information, responding to customer inquiries, and liaising with facility operations teams through effective communication to coordinate shipments and provide exceptional service to customers.
- Participates actively in promoting a culture where Health & Safety is the #1 priority.
- Schedules inbound/outbound customer appointments. Communicates expected lead times and accommodates exceptions where needed.
- Corresponds and communicates with customers over the phone and email to meet their needs and ensure they receive an exceptional customer service experience. Responds to all inquiries via email/phone in a timely and professional manner.
- Processes and inputs all customer orders, generates work orders and checks orders for special requests.
- Responds to custom requests regarding same-day shipping, tracing orders, month-end activities, and entering data into 3rd party systems.
- Communicates regularly with warehousing solutions team to share information concerning inbound and outbound shipments and ensure optimal service delivery. Keeps informed of warehouse capacities and restraints when communicating committed appointment times/dates.
- Ensures proper invoicing of accounts by identifying all services performed so they can be communicated to central billing.
- Liaises with the customer to address overages, shortages and damages (OS&D). Investigate and complete relevant paperwork.
- Works with Inventory Control to coordinate customer recall activities and other customer requests.
- Provides support/assistance during regulatory inspections. May be involved in coordination with CFIA inspector as required.
- May be involved in the setup of items in P2 under the direction of the supervisor or manager. Validates automatic charges in P2.
- Gathers data and information to assist in the preparation of KPI reports as required
- Operates within the Code of Business Conduct, company policies and procedures, and all statutes and legislation governing the workplace.
- Participates in other initiatives, projects and duties as assigned.
- 1 year of experience in a customer service role in a logistics, transportation or warehouse environment
- College diploma or University degree is required
- Training or post-secondary courses in Customer Service an asset
- Bilingualism – English and French (Verbal and Written) required
- Working towards post-secondary education in Business, Warehousing Transportation, Operations Management, or related field an asset
- Personally demonstrates that external (or internal) customers are a high priority.
- Skilled at providing exceptional service over the phone and email.
- Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner.
- Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquires about customer satisfaction with products or services.
- Prioritizes work flow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment. Adapts to shifting priorities.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Works effectively as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of warehouse and/or transportation software systems, processes and procedures an asset.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, RRSP matching and paid time off.