Employment Type: Permanent, Full time
Shift: Day Shift
Facility: Saint-Francois, Ville Saint Laurent
Under the responsibility of the Chief Engineer-Quebec, the maintenance mechanic will work in collaboration with the operations team to plan the material resources to perform maintenance, preventive and corrective tasks. In addition, the individual must ensure collaboration with the suppliers responsible for providing the requested service. Also, he will have to validate, in collaboration with, the Chief Engineer-Quebec, the quality of the work by the suppliers.
The maintenance worker will also have to perform technical work on the floor such as:
- General maintenance work in the warehouse (Dock/Freezer) (ice removal on the freezer ceilings for the safety of the premises with the use of an articulated basket truck).
- Troubleshoots and performs facility repairs and maintenance.
- Repairing/replacing plumbing fixtures and hardware including toilets, sinks and basins, water lines, caulking and sanitary and storm piping.
- Performs general carpentry repairs and maintenance.
- Performs exterior repairs and maintenance such as cleaning gutters and debris from roofs and clearing drains with power augers. Maintenance of garage doors and lubrication of dock levelers.
- Maintains inventory of tools and assists to maintain inventory of equipment and materials.
- Performs work that requires adherence to safety procedures/practices.
- Performs other related maintenance duties as required by the site Maintenance Supervisor and Chief Engineer.
- Occasionally, after-hours and weekend work may be requested.
- Relevant experience in a “Building/Warehouse Maintenance Environment”
- Strong mutual aid and consultation skills, as well as, the ability to work alone or in a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- DEP in a field of study related to the position OR any other relevant experience is (considered an asset)
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in an equipment management maintenance department
- Ability to work in a cold environment on occasion (-20 C)
- Skyjack/ Articulated boom lift qualification (considered an asset and we offer training)
- Strong sense of responsibility, rigor and autonomy
- Ability to perform manual and sometimes physically demanding work
- Strong mutual aid and consultation skills as well as an excellent ability to work in a team and to communicate.
- Good ability to manage time and priorities.
- Knowledge of French and English both orally.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, RRSP matching and paid time off.