Director Transportation Solutions
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage the distribution network, ensuring optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Drive accountability of 3rd party logistics service providers through comprehensive KPI analytics and business reviews.
- Develop and recommend strategic plans to achieve operational objectives.
- Plan and manage logistics, warehouses, home delivery, and shipping customer service.
- Assess and recommend ideal shipping methods, routing, and carriers to meet parameters, specifications, and costs.
- Direct, recruit, train, and develop a high-performing team, providing regular feedback to ensure productivity and efficiency.
- Oversee staff activities, ensuring smooth operations, providing guidance, and motivating performance.
- Collaborate with the team to manage logistics operation systems, fostering efficiency, and meeting cost, accuracy, and timeliness targets.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance, implementing improvements as needed.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively contribute to the strategic planning and decision-making processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance overall supply chain effectiveness.
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree or above in a related field.
- 10 years of experience as a logistics manager for a large complex organization with a matrix environment.
- Excellent understanding of distribution-related IT and data.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, capable of interacting with all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated management skills with a focus on team development, customer service, communications, and planning.
- Dynamic and strategic thinking abilities, with a proven track record of operational excellence.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask various responsibilities effectively.
- Proven ability to work independently with a high level of initiative.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401k retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.