Employment Type: Full-Time
Shift: Continental Shift - 630 - 630 Day and Night
The Refrigeration Operator is responsible for the safe, efficient operation, maintenance and upkeep of the company’s refrigeration equipment, in a manner that minimizes interruptions in warehouse operations, ensures employee safety and always maintains customer product at required temperatures. Option to be added.
- Leads and promotes a culture where Health and Safety is the #1 priority. Provides leadership and support for Health & Safety initiatives within the department.
- Carries out daily checks on refrigeration equipment and makes necessary repairs or adjustments.
- Tours the warehouse on a regular basis to ensure the building is safe and supports the warehouse activities.
- Follows preventative maintenance programs to minimize disruptions in warehouse operations.
- Monitors and adjusts equipment to lower utility costs.
- Enforces established safety, health, contamination and housekeeping policies and procedures in order to minimize staff injuries, lost production time, damage, and contamination of product.
- Operates within and promotes compliance with the Code of Business Conduct, company policies and procedures, and all statues and legislation governing the workplace.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a related role.
- Experience with ammonia refrigeration systems is essential for this position.
- Must hold a valid B class or higher Refrigeration Operator Certificate (MMF Class B) preferably holds a class A Refrigeration Operator Certificate.
- Commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
- Driven to provide exceptional customer service.
- Maintenance of Ammonia piping and valve, Trips on roof (painting & exercising valves
- Expected to be assigned to other duties at times.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Working with contractors on a daily basis
- Embraces change and has a continuous improvement philosophy.
- In depth knowledge of provincial regulations regarding operating engineering and refrigeration, elevating devices, building and fire code, local bylaws, environmental, labour, and health and safety legislation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to quickly understand and identify issues and implement solutions.
- Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude with a hands-on and team -oriented work style.
- Ability to work in temperatures of -30 degrees Celsius.
Demonstrates knowledge or experience with the Following
- HACCP, BRC, SQF
- Ladder Training
- Working at Heights
- Lock out Tag Out procedures
- ERP & E2 Delegates
- Reading & Understand Blue prints
- Sprinkler systems
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, RRSP matching and paid time off.