KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track and Trace orders to ensure on time pickup and delivery
- Maintain reports for no billables/closing loads
- Plan and coordinate multiple orders across several customers daily
- Set pick up/delivery appointments based on service and schedule requirements
- Interface with customer base to facilitate problem resolution and improvement opportunities
- Ensure carrier/customer accessorial costs are communicated timely
- Monitor carrier performance and recommend routing changes as required
- Evaluate carrier alternatives and tender freight based on cost/service requirements
- Maximize profit margins while meeting customer requirements
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years’ shipping or transportation coordination environment experience or relevant certification
- Thorough knowledge of shipping and transportation operations and familiarity with import and export processes
- Experience with transportation management software
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401k retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.