Director, Safety & Compliance, East Region
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct, train, provide performance feedback and assign duties of direct reports to ensure productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Develop and lead regional and local health, safety, and environmental team in all facilities within region
- Facilitate employee health and safety processes and regulatory compliance initiatives. Manage annual health, safety, food safety, and environmental inspections at facilities within region
- Provide compliance training and support to regional facilities. Assist facilities in incident investigations, root cause analysis, management of change process, compliance audits, and adequate corrective actions
- Improve environmental and sustainability performance to include permits, waste management, wastewater compliance, energy, and greenhouse gas reduction
- Develop, deploy, and continuously improve health, safety and environmental results and improve efficiencies through use of Lean Practices and Principles
- Manage performance metrics and evaluate data to report trends. Identify corrective actions to enhance performance
- Interact with government agencies during regulatory inspections, including negotiating findings and settlements
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in supporting strategic projects that strengthen Lineage’s safety and compliance culture and performance
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s degree in Process, Chemical or Environmental Engineering, Occupational Safety
- 5 years’ progressive senior level management and leadership roles in multi-site management experience in environmental and/or food health and safety and/or process safety
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations, general industry standards, and process safety management of highly hazardous chemicals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to function in a fast paced, highly visible, and changing environment
- Ability to function at a high level of effectiveness, flexibility, independence, and initiative without daily interaction with management
- Ability to travel up to 50%
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401k retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.