Dispatcher Transportation- Midshift
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare dispatch schedule for drivers and equipment daily to achieve customers on time service requirements
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with carriers to ensure effective usage
- Use dynamic routing system to efficiently route product outbound
- Create and maintain inbound and outbound orders in the dispatch system
- Monitor drivers’ hours to ensure appropriate workload to prevent violations
- Coordinate and communicate changes to delivery and backhaul assignments to accommodate for unforeseen circumstances such as late truck arrival, breakdowns, or last-minute customer requests
- Address matters that arise and provide recommendations to solve issues in order to meet customer business needs
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for productivity, efficiency, and customer service
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in shipping or transportation coordination environment experience or relevant certification
- Basic knowledge of shipping and transportation operations and familiarity with import and export processes
- Willingness to learn transportation management software
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to function in a fast paced, highly visible, and changing environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with ambiguity
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401k retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.