Chief Product Officer
Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make every return simple and efficient through great technology. Our platform connects a seamless online returns experience with efficient supply chain processing and best in class reCommerce, so that retailers can improve outcomes across all points of the returns lifecycle.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
A strategic leader, visionary, and team motivator, the Chief Product Officer creates and executes upon the overall product vision and go-to-market strategy to create a product that delivers upon customer needs and aligns with business goals. The CPO is responsible for creating and achieving all goals with the broader product organization, including, but not limited to, product vision and strategy, product design, user research, product development, product growth and marketing, product analytics and metrics, structuring the product organization, and the successful recruitment and retention of employees.
This person must have a passion for people-development and a keen interest in cultivating and inspiring a high-performing product team. As a key member of Optoro’s executive team, the CPO provides strategic market leadership, advising on competitive intelligence, and driving sustainable business growth. The CPO reports to the CEO.
- Develop and own the product vision and strategy, value proposition, and roadmap.
- Set product metrics and achieve product outcomes that are integrated with the company’s strategic planning process, balancing revenue objectives with investments in long-term product development.
- Embrace an iterative approach, continuously utilizing customer feedback, market research, and data insights to drive product enhancements and feature prioritization.
- Consistently identify opportunities, evaluate risks, and make informed decisions that align with the company's vision.
- Actively represent the company's product to clients, partners and other relevant third parties, including leading presentations and conducting demonstrations of capabilities and solutions.
- Closely collaborate with other executives to align product vision and long-term strategy with the company’s strategic plan.
- Manage and scale the product organization, ensuring the team successfully delivers on product roadmaps and OKRs.
- Oversee the recruitment efforts of the product organization, invest in the continuous improvement and career growth of team members, and cultivate a productive and positive team culture.
- 15+ years of experience in product management & product marketing focused on B2B enterprise software and SaaS/Cloud products
- Proven track record of developing the product vision and strategy, value proposition, and roadmap
- 7+ years of management experience, with success in leading and developing an agile product team
- Experience providing executive leadership to cross-functional teams to build and deliver SaaS products; able to drive influence
- Proven track record of launching successful product programs
- Strong people management skills including hiring & retaining, performance management, and leadership development
- Experience in the retail, financial, or supply-chain technology industry
- B.A./B.S. degree in marketing, business, or a similar area of study preferred
- Competitive base salary, benefits and equity plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Volunteer paid time off
- Perks for Parks ProgramHealth, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k match
- Sabbatical at 5 and 10 year anniversary
- Outside learning opportunities for career development
- Opportunity to work with people who are passionate about what they do and also like to have fun
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.