Sales Manager - Allentown & Scranton, PA.
Perishable Shipping Solutions
This role will cover two offices in Allentown, PA (Ruppsville Road and Mitchell Avenue locations) and Scranton, PA.SUMMARY
Partner with the site General Manager to run the business and maximize profitability. Expand the customer base, sell new business, and manage existing business within assigned warehouse or group of warehouses.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, train, provide performance feedback and assign duties of direct reports to ensure productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Work with the site General Manager to develop targeted action plans to generate new sales leads and prospects within the market
- Develop local and global customer relationships, demonstrating a strong customer focus
- Create and deliver proposal presentations and Request for Proposal (rate quote) responses to identify and resolve prospective client’s business challenges
- Partner with other Sales Managers and Global Account team to sell suite of services across Lineage network
- Develop Continuous Improvement Roadmaps (CIR) and Strategic Growth Plans for your assigned accounts in partnership with the Sales Leader
- Conduct regular business reviews with assigned accounts and provide volume forecasts to operations business partners
- Focus on customer retention and satisfaction across all facilities and lines of business
- Ensure timely collection of accounts receivable
- Develop and maintain accurate records of all pricing, sales and activity reports to achieve maximum profit margin
- Maintain awareness of performance against Key Performance Indicators and provide sales performance updates to Senior Management
- Manage budget and control expenses to ensure compliance with targets and guidelines
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with the General Manager and facility leadership team to achieve operational efficiencies and continuous improvement targets in the area of sales
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES):
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales and/or sales management in food or logistics
- Previous experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management including prospecting, selling and closing new business
- Ability to gain deep knowledge of the entire suite of company’s service offerings and utilize it to maximize sales opportunities during customer solutioning
- Experience managing, training, and developing people in sales roles
- Basic math skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers
- Ability to lead discussions, make presentations and deliver technical results to a non-technical audience
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Ability to work in temperatures as low as -20 Fahrenheit/-25 Celsius in cold storage sites or up to 100 Fahrenheit/37 Celsius in dry storage sites while wearing company provided personal protective equipment and freezer gear
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule and shift, including weekends if needed.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.