Forklift Mechanic & MHE Repair Technician III (1st shift)
Perishable Shipping Solutions
1st Shift Schedule:
8:00am - 4:30pm
with the possibility of overtimeInstall, maintain, and repair forklifts, electric pallet jacks, sit-down and stand-up forklifts, Turet trucks, and other electric MHE. May also perform preventative maintenance, service, and repairs on other machinery, equipment, physical structures, plumbing, various types of ammonia refrigeration equipment, and electrical systems as instructed by leadership while following all regulatory and company safety standards, policies, and procedures. Adhere to the design specifications of the refrigeration systems through periodic testing and inspections
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain, repair and perform evaluations and preventative and predictive maintenance on electrical apparatus, motors, wiring, electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment per electrical codes and standards as instructed by leadership
- Maintain, repair and perform evaluations and preventative and predictive maintenance on refrigeration systems as instructed by leadership
- Maintain, repair and perform evaluations and preventative and predictive maintenance on building infrastructure as instructed by leadership
- Maintain, repair and perform evaluations and preventative and predictive maintenance on material handling equipment as instructed by leadership
- Complete work order tasks and ensure all performed work is logged into the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) daily
- Maintain reporting of inspections, evaluations, preventive maintenance procedures and communicate all pertinent information regarding equipment operation and maintenance to leadership daily
- Other tasks as assigned
- May monitor contractors working on or near refrigeration systems, ensuring they are following all regulatory and company safety standards, policies, and procedures
- Utilize onsite motorized lift as needed while operating, inspecting, calibrating, and maintaining equipment
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- 3 years mechanical experience maintaining motorized lifts and equipment, warehouse, processing, and/or manufacturing equipment.
- 3 years of Material handling equipment repair / Forklift Repair
- Welding experience
- Strong electrical instrumentation experience
Preferred: Previous experience with repairing and maintaining forklifts and other types of electrical MHE (pallet jacks, Turet trucks, etc.)
Must be familiar with working on forklifts and other MHE (material handling equipment).
Preferred: MHE background/experience with Crown, Yale, Hyster
Previous experience maintaining, servicing, and repairing batteries, hydraulic hoses, etc.
Previous mechanical experience maintaining motorized lifts and equipment, warehouse, processing, and/or manufacturing equipment or combination of experience and trade school.
Mechanical experience with motorized equipment and/or automotive (vehicles)
Basic electrical instrumentation experience
Must be mechanically inclined.
Completion of trade school courses -OR- minimal experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: building maintenance, material handling equipment maintenance or ammonia refrigeration maintenance.
Must understand the importance of preventative maintenance (PMs) and prioritizing daily responsibilities
Capable of completing routine preventative maintenance (PMs) with instructions and supervision
Fully proficient with, and capable of operating power and hand tools
Basic computer skills
Previous experience or knowledge using a multimeter for diagnostics.
Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the facility.
Possess problem-solving skills, Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
Must pay attention to detail.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload with demonstrated organizational skills.
Ability to work in temperatures as low as -15 Fahrenheit while wearing company provided personal protective equipment and freezer gear.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs./23 kgs.; weight may be more dependent upon facility.
Ability to work a flexible work schedule and shift, including weekends if needed.
Must be comfortable working in various noise levels; at times it can be loud.
Demonstrated knowledge and practice of Working at Heights up to 50 feet.
Previous experience and knowledge of following SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
Preferred: Previous experience calibrating instruments and equipment
Preferred: Experience operating a forklift
Preferred: Previous pneumatic knowledge and experience
Preferred: Previous hydraulic knowledge and experience
Preferred: Previous experience reading electrical schematics, wiring diagrams
Preferred: Previous experience using a cutting torch
Preferred: Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) Training / Experience
Preferred: Emergency Shutdown System / ESD knowledge
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.