Perishable Shipping Solutions
#hiring #UNION #teamsters117 #weeklypay #greatplacetoworkUse a variety of material handling equipment to move products, equipment, and materials on and off trucks or throughout the facility while following all regulatory and company safety standards, policies, and procedures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Put away palletized units by lifting forks for placement into racks above floor height
- Pick palletized units out of rack locations above floor height and set up for outbound shipment
- May choose and record materials, weight, counts, and condition of food items via Radio Frequency (RF) system
- Load and unload materials on and off pallets, skids, or lifting device
- Read and follow computerized work orders to determine quantities, types of products to be shipped and the location of requested items in the warehouse
- Document and report damages and discrepancies to supervisors or leads
- May need to pack, seal, and label materials/pallets for shipping using Radio Frequency (RF) scanning equipment to document and verify counts of picked items; otherwise, ensure all palletized stock is securely wrapped before placement on racks or transporting through the warehouse
- Complete daily forklift maintenance/check sheet
- Monitor battery charge and leave material handling equipment at the designated storage area; may need to maintain and clean batteries, depending on site
- Alert appropriate leader of any issues with the product or materials and await directions to rectify the problem
- Help clean and organize the warehouse at the end or throughout the shift
- Must be able to identify products through reading, interpreting, and scanning or manually inputting pallet identification numbers
- Basic math skills
- Ability to understand instructions in Country's official language or as defined by Lineage Logistics
- Ability to work in temperatures as low as -20 Fahrenheit/-25 Celsius in cold storage sites or up to 100 Fahrenheit/37 Celsius in dry storage sites while wearing company provided personal protective equipment and freezer gear
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs./18 kgs.; weight may be more dependent upon facility
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule and shift, including weekends if needed
- Must be comfortable with various noise levels, at times, can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days