Sit-Down Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
Perishable Shipping Solutions
APPLY TODAY to join our warehouse as a Sit-down Forklift Operator. You will work from 2PM to 10:30PM.
Enjoy PTO, Insurance and other Benefits, On the job Training, and Opportunity for Growth! APPLY TODAY!Use sit-down forklift and pallet jack to move products on and off trucks while following all regulatory and company safety standards, policies, and procedures. Verify inventory and visually inspect shipments for quality.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and follow computerized work orders to determine quantities and types of products to be shipped
- Determine the location of requested items in the warehouse
- Change over pallets for picking, visually inspect items for damages or flaws
- Document and report damages to supervisors or leads
- Pack, seal, and label materials/pallets for shipping using Radio Frequency (RF) scanning equipment to document and verify counts of picked items
- Alert appropriate leader of any issues with the product or materials and await directions to rectify the problem
- Help clean and organize the warehouse at the end of the shift
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with other machinery and material handling equipment
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- Must be able to identify products through reading, interpreting, and scanning pallet identification numbers
- Ability to understand instructions in Country's official language or as defined by Lineage Logistics
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in temperatures as low as -20 Fahrenheit/-25 Celsius in cold storage sites or up to 100 Fahrenheit/37 Celsius in dry storage sites while wearing company provided personal protective equipment and freezer gear
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.; weight may be more dependent upon facility
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule and shift, including weekends if needed
- Must be comfortable with various noise levels, at times, can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, medical, dental, and basic life and disability insurance benefits, 401 retirement plan, paid time off, annual bonus eligibility, and a minimum of 7 holidays throughout the calendar year.