Senior Corporate Counsel - Technology & Integrated Solutions (Remote)
Perishable Shipping Solutions
This role can be based in Novi, MI., Irvine, CA., or Remote and will offer a high degree of flexible working opportunities, including working fully remote. Some travel will be expected.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiate and draft a variety of technology agreements and related documents including SaaS and software and technology licensing agreements, information security schedules, data processing agreements, vendor agreements, joint development agreements, cloud computing, open-source code, and digital platforms.
- In collaboration with the General Counsel, manage, drive, and support Lineage’s intellectual property portfolio, including patents and trademarks, and advise on intellectual property issues.
- Render IP strategy advice to various stakeholders including technology managers, data scientists and members of the executive leadership team.
- Provide cross-functional leadership on various strategic and departmental projects.
- Provide day-to-day legal support on all issues related to the Integrated Solutions businesses, including customer, vendor and other commercial contracts and claims, disputes, and regulatory compliance, while remaining adaptive to changing priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Provide first-chair in-house legal support to the Integrated Solutions Team and Bay Grove with respect to M&A, including managing outside counsel in documenting, negotiating and closing such transactions.
- Provide legal advice in response to requests from various business lines.
- Provide effective strategic leadership for specific projects, including coordinating and directing third party advisors and colleagues from other Lineage functional groups.
- Work collaboratively, proactively, and responsively with a broad range of colleagues locally and internationally on a variety of legal and strategic projects, ensuring good relationships between Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Business Development, Operations, and other departments of Lineage and its affiliates to facilitate a coordinated team approach.
- Manage outside counsel for technology, M&A, corporate, finance, litigation, employment, real estate and other matters.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school.
- 5 years’ corporate or other transactional experience.
- Thorough understanding of contract, general and state-specific corporate law
- Experience and proven skills in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, purchase agreements, merger and acquisition documents, related documentation, and corporate documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and deliver technical results to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated successful ability to prioritize and multi-task various and conflicting responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to function in a fast paced, highly visible, and changing environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days